Automatically Empty Recycle Bin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Automatically Empty Recycle Bin

When we delete a file, that file will move into Recycle Bin. There, we have options whether to restore it or just empty the Recycle Bin.

I usually empty my Recycle Bin before I shut down my computer . But, it would be more better if evertime when I delete a file, it will completely remove the file from the ]system and not send into the Recycle Bin. I can choose to use Shift+Delete but there is another better way to do so.

Right click on your Recycle Bin icon and choose Properties. Under the Global tab, tick “Do not move files to the Recycle Bin. Remove files immediately when deleted“. Then, click Ok.

Now, try delete a file that you don't want anymore. A dialog box will appear asking you for a confirmation to delete the file permenantly. When you hit Yes button, that file will be deleted and will not move into Recycle Bin. So I don't have to empty my Recycle Bin after delete that file.
But take note, if you accidentally deleted an important file, you will not able to restore it back from the Recycle Bin. You will need to use a special software like Recuva to recover the deleted file.

that could be handy, but i find myself occasionally restoring files from the recycle bin, so i wouldn't use that feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom