AlbumFetcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
I'm pleased to announce the release of AlbumFetcher! AlbumFetcher is a little pet project of mine which I've decided to make freely available to the SmugMug community. I've received amazing amounts of help (and ideas) through these forums, and this my way of saying thanks. It's a simple little app that serves two main functions:

1. Download one or many SmugMug galleries at once
2. Embed captions and keywords into your downloaded images' IPTC headers

AlbumFetcher should run on Win2000, WinXP and above. It has been reported to run under Wine on Linux and through Parallels on a Mac. It's a single file, so it's easily portable and doesn't need to be installed. AlbumFetcher is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

This DGrin thread will be the project's home page. Feedback is extremely appreciated, and if there are bugs and/or other issues (as there always are), please let me know here. This is a hobby, so I can't hope to live up to SmugMug's standard of customer service, but I will try to help you out if you're having an issue with the software. One word of caution - beware of the total number of bytes you download. You could easily run up against your monthly bandwith limit.

Again, this is yours to use forever for free. However, if you're a fan of my little app and feel so inclined, you can send me the electronic equivalent of the adult beverage of your choice here.
mwink.gif

Enjoy!
-Greg

Current version: v0.3.4 - Application | Source

How Does it Work?
  1. Download AlbumFetcher (zip file) with the link above.
  2. Use WinZip or your favorite zip program to extract AlbumFetcher.exe (the program) to the folder of your choice (maybe the desktop).
  3. Double-click the AlbumFetcher program icon.
  4. If you're an account owner: In the top-right corner, enter your SmugMug ID and password. If you're a guest: Switch the login type selector to Guest. Then enter the SmugMug ID of the account you'd like to work with. You'll only have access to listed public galleries. (SmugMug ID means either your email address which is registered with SmugMug or the yourname part of yourname.smugmug.com. Your ID and password go directly to SmugMug; there's nobody listening in between.)
  5. Click List Albums. A listing of all your albums will appear.
  6. In the Download Options box (on the right), pick a folder to save albums to. Also pick the image sizes and other options as you wish.
  7. Click the list to select albums for download. Use Ctrl-clicking or Shift-clicking to select more than one.
  8. Click Fetch Albums. AlbumFetcher will now download your requested albums at the size you specified.
  9. Have a tasty beverage.
AlbumFetcher - Download multiple galleries w/ embedded captions and keywords - Digital Grin Photography Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom