WD hard drive, Ps3 problems and Update software...please help...

JZG88

Beta member
Hey, you guys... I've have two questions... First one is...
This pass Christmas I got a WD 2tb mypassport hard drive.everything works great with it, but it doesn't work with my ps3, that was a huge buzz kill... I have an old version ps3, and the software is 2.0 "something" I have not played any games on it for 2-3 years, I went on the internet and I reformated my hard drive to exfat I think that's what is was called, but it still didn't work... It shows up on my ps3, but it tells me its my hardrive is empty. However it does work with the usb input in my tv, when its formatted to default. My question is this... Is there anyway around this, I really love to play movies and music on my ps3, and I don't want to buy a media player...

Ok, this is my second question... I also got a few games, Grand theft Auto Stories, Tomb Raider Trilogy, and the new Call of Duty... When I inserted the games, my ps3 told my to update it, so I was like ok?
But when I read the info, it told me I can't go back to the old version, can't use OS, and wouldn't be able to sign into the playstation network, and a bunch of other stuff... So, my question is this..... If I were to update it could I still use a usb to watch movies and listen to music?

Thanks you guys, any bit of advice will help...

I assume the HDD is external, correct?

1. It needs to be formatted in FAT32 format otherwise it wont work. You can always partition it, and just have a small part be FAT32 if you don't want the whole thing to have to be reformatted. Then you can just copy stuff over that you want to watch on the PS3.

2. For major updates to the games and system, no, you cannot multitask while updates are being performed. Sorry bt that's just how it is. No way around it.

Updating the firmware will take away the option for other OS. You should still be able to use the PS3 as a media streaming device.

Back
Top Bottom