Broken PS2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millenniumtiger

In Runtime
I have an old PS2 that had Disk read error problems before but i found out how to fix it. BUT 1 of my little brothers disconnected the silver cable thing. now it won't turn on. how do i re-connect this and if i do, will the ps2 work again?

yes if you go inside the PS2 as i have done many and many of times there will be a silver cable that comes out if you have been inside the ps2 before and not realised it... once this has been un attached this stops you from powering the PS2 on.. if you reconnect that back up the PS2 should work normal be gentle with the little cable when you open the cover it depends what PS2 u have the Slimline or the older version... The older version ( The big one ) when you open it the silver cable is attached to the top of the case.. so be VERY careful that you dont rip it in anyway

Have you been inside the PS2 before ?

Is It brand New ?

Was it Second Hand ?

I need to know all of this is because when you buy it second hand someone may of tampered with inside the console without you knowing...

------------------------

NvidiaDude

no, it's mine, but jsut don't know how to fix it but know i would like to have 2 ps2's instead of jsut the working 1 i have now. How do i reconnect it? jsut slide it back into place? or is there something more?

btw, it's the old 1.

well have you got a screwdriver set ? if so you need them to be able to get into the PS2... once you have your equipment heres what you do

First off Disconnect all power and A/V cords from your PS2. Ensure all devices including memory cards, controllers, compact discs and/or DVDÂ’s are removed from the system.

Turn your PS2 upside down and remove all eight screw caps (4 rubber and 4 plastic). These caps cover the PS2 assembly screws. Pry the caps off gently using a small FLAT head screw driver. Note: Four of the eight case screws are 2 1/2" in length, and all screws must be re-used in their appropriate holes only.
You can use a Kitchen Knife to take those Plastic Caps off and the rubber ones

After you have removed all 8 of the case screws, you will need to turn the PS2 right-side-up and remove the top cover. Lift the top cover of the PS2 case up and away from the exposed controller ports and drive tray on the front of the console. Important: The top of the PS2 is attached to the bottom via a thin ribbon cable which connects to the Reset/Eject switch. Ensure not to damage or remove this ribbon cable when removing the PS2 top.

The next step is to remove the Reset/Eject switch assembly from the top cover of the PS2. Gently pull the plastic switch assembly free from the PS2 top cover, ensuring not to damage the thin ribbon cable.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
there is a picture that i added... this is the ribbon cable that might of untached whilst moving it or something this can stop your PS2 from powering on.... if its not that then make sure the Fuse hasnt blown inside the plug... ( im sure the Ribbon Cable Shown in the Picture is just a simple slot in ) atleast if i can remember

NOTE: If You going inside the PS2 there will be a sticker at the back of the console its about Guarantee i think if you remove that ( which is what you need to do to get inside the PS2 ) your Guarantee is no longer with the PS2 as they might think you have done something inside the PS2 most sellers look for this problem

Good Luck

Attachments

• ribbon cable.gif
    26 KB · Views: 206
yea this happened to me too but it didnt come off at next to the power reset button but actually from the ps2. if you look carefully there should be a slot underneath the whole disc drive thing where it came off and itll be white. thats as much info as i can give cause ive been trying to put that **** wire back in for a while and i can get it in and turn on the ps2 but it doesnt stay in there and just keeps falling out so i dunno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom