3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be buying one for my little bros to use, they've got a pretty old model atm and use it a LOT lol, so this should be a nice surprise for them. Maybe I'll review it

Heh yeah all of my younger brothers have used about 3 each. And Nintendo are great quality and durability. They just play em so d*** much.

I saw one yesterday as a friend did pick one up. It was really cool to look at directly. It's 3D in a way that the image on the screen does appear to have some depth to it.
However the second i looked at it from a different angel, the screen did give me a slight dizzy spell.

I got one and I'm loving it so far...just wish there were more games....ahh such is the nature of a console launch...

I saw one yesterday as a friend did pick one up. It was really cool to look at directly. It's 3D in a way that the image on the screen does appear to have some depth to it.
However the second i looked at it from a different angel, the screen did give me a slight dizzy spell.

Yeah it's weird, because I know that some have suffered from dizziness, nausea, headaches, and eye fatigue, but I've had none of those and I've been burning the midnight oil so to speak with my gaming sessions.

I've heard only the 3D aspect makes Ocarina of Time that much better. Being my favourite game of all time that's what I'll be getting first once I do buy the 3DS.

I've heard only the 3D aspect makes Ocarina of Time that much better. Being my favourite game of all time that's what I'll be getting first once I do buy the 3DS.
Actually it's being remastered according to numerous sources, as in mechanics touched up and textures/performance being scaled up to more current (but still portable) standards...that plus the 3D.

Me personally I like it though initially I had my doubts from playing tethered via the demo unit in Walmart. Now that I have it, there are some key complaints such as the web browser and eshop coming in May as well as a lack of core games. Otherwise the time I've spent playing what games I have and using streetpass/spotpass, Mii sharing, the two augmented reality games, and for sure the multiplayer in Super Street Fighter IV 3D have been a blast. Maybe I'm in the minority having experienced absolutely no issues whatsoever with the 3D aspect of the system, so I cant really comment on that aside from saying it works, and in certain games it's an awesome thing to see. If I could make a recommendation it would be to wait until May or June when the floodgate of software opens. Me personally I'm excited about the eshop as well as the Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D remake. I do like the fact that you can earn in-game currency by walking with your 3ds, as in closing the lid and just walking. Every 100 steps gives you one gold coin that you can use to purchase in-game/in-app items...

I have used the device. It really isnt all that great. I dont see what the fuss is over. The 3D without glasses is decent, but you basically feel like your drunk and looking through a coke bottle at the screen.

The other people i work with who tried the demo all ranted and raved. But for me spending $250 on a device that really isnt that great is not worth it. I would rather put that money toward a high end video card than a device that i will play like 3 games on and have it collect dust.

Normally i like to disagree with you but here you have managed to speak unequivocal truth. Too all you people that like it, come back in 3 months and tell me you use the 3D just as much and i will be very surprised.

Now, where are my nvidia 3D glasses.. i havn't the feintest idea. And i couldn't care less. Then again the whole glasses + performance loss scenario probably put me off a lot more than the 3D effect it self. Two things the 3DS doesn't have to deal with.

The nVidia 3D stuff never really looked very appealing to me anyways. It takes a gimmick and makes it gimmick-ier.

The whole 3d thing doesn't look really appealing to me currently. I may wait for the technology to develop a little more before I gain an interest in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom