xbox, psx and ps3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander

In Runtime
Well there is some good news for Xbox fans. I have been doing alot of reading and the matchups in the coming years are beginning to stack highly in favor of the Xbox.

It currently looks like the xbox 2 will reach stores about a year (or more) before the PS3, but about the same time as the PSX. Here's the problem that PS has, though. The PSX will offer NOTHING NEW to the PS community. It will be a "desktop" design, which means it won't look like a game console, but other than that it's main internal componets will be EXACTLY the same. It will however, sport an integrated DVD burner and a hard drive, but both of those items are already available as aftermarket parts for the PS2. They are hoping that the PS brand name will entice people to buy what they already have. However, I don't think the gaming community is that stupid. Currently, the PSX is due out mid to late 2004 (which is about the time that the xbox 2 is rumored to release). However, the PS3 isn't do out until late 2005 or later. The reason for this, as stated in one article, is because PS is currently "floundering in technology hell" as it tries to develop an infastructure to produce R&D releases that haven't even been proven to work as designed. This doesn't bode well for the PS platform.

On the Xbox side, this places them in a very strong position as it looks as though the xbox 2 will be an almost complete redesign. The have dumped Nvidia and brough ATI on board. In addition, they are putting alot of pressure for intel to "do it the way we want it or else". Not to mention, Microsoft has started to put pressure on PC game designers that hold DirectX licences to port games to Xbox as well as to develop "Xbox only" games, which should increase the number of games available for the Xbox.

It is rumored that the xbox 2 will post up with a somewhat streamlined version of the P4 as well as an updated version of it's video conversion (being provided by Focus Enhancements). The new video conversion will include VGA -yes, VGA- as well as an enhanced HDTV resolution, and the ever faithfull standard analogue TV. This enhanced video conversion as well as the other deals that Microsoft has (and hasn't) announced shows that Microsoft is planning to have a "full multimedia entertainment console" (movies, music, broadband connectivity, shopping, television, "tivo", and games) on the market in excess of a year before it's competition.

I would say that if the PS boys can't buck up and do some serious design and implementation work over the next few years, we can all sit back and watch as Microsoft waves through the rear view mirror as PS fades into the distance.

Alexander

Most of it comes from theregister.co.uk, and Spong.com.

Oh, and I forgot to mention.. Xbox is reportedly going to enable keyboard support as well....

Alexander

I can understand that, there are only 4 things that I am banking on..

1. that the Xbox 2 will be released.. (lol)
2. that the chipset will be ATI base (cause the deal was announced)
3. that the video conversion is being updated by Focus (again because it was announced.)
4. that (according to the released information from PS about the PSX) Xbox2 will beat the PS3 to market.

Other than that, It's all up in the air, but I though the information that was being reported was interesting, to say the least. :)

Alexander

Yeah, it would be kinda hard to believe that the X-Box 2 would be out so soon after initial release. It will be interesting to say the least.

THE XBOX 2 WILL NOT BE RELEASED BEFORE THE PS3.

I DONT EVEN THINK IT WILL BE RELEASED BEFORE NINTENDOS NEXT CONSOLE, AS NINTENDO PLAN TO BEAT THE PS3 AND RELEASE THERES FIRST.

ALSO FOR ANYONE WHO RECIEVES THE TELEVISION STATION
CHANNEL 4 (MOSTLY IN EUROPE)

I WAS READING THE DIGITIZER GAME TEXT ON TELETEXT.

IN THE WHOLE OF THE WORLD THE PS2 HAS SOLD MORE PS2's THAN THE XBOX OR GAMECUBE.

BUT IN ALL OF THE WORLD THE GAMECUBE IS ALSO OUTSELLING THE XBOX GLOBALY.

maybe it is just me but i thot the PSX was the playstation xtreme (the original name for the playstation). because i remember about 5 years ago every time i would go online for a strategy guide for a game, or maybe i didnt feel like playing any more so i decided to activate some cheats, up in the top of the url it would say something like codes.ign.com/cheats/psx/.....i dont have time to check it. maybe its just me

This goes to *PS2GAMECUBE* or whatever the hell your handle is.

First of all, get off the d@mn caps key. Only braindead AOLers type a response in all caps.

Second of all, Learn grammar.

Third of all, according to nintendo and microsoft, they are working together with ATI on the video of both of thier next consoles. They are planning to release about the same time. So if the next gamecube beats the xbox out, then it won't be by more than a few weeks.

In response to your -blah blah blah- about who has sold more than who.. when the apple II and apple IIGS were out.. apple computers outsold DOS based computers almost 2 to 1. It only took a few years for microsoft to change that dramatically. Everyone here knows that Mr. Gates will not allow Microsoft to be second to anyone. He's practically destroyed or enveloped every other company that he has come up against. How do you think this will be any different with the PS?

You may not like it, but Microsoft is a megacorp, and there is nothing that can be done to change that. They will do whatever is necessary to control the largest market share. Sony may have deep pockets, but not as deep as Microsoft.

Alexander

O.K,

U dont have to go on like an assh*le and be cheeky about it.

No matter what u may think, SONY will always outsell the xbox.

The reason is, that everyone seems to love the PLAYSTATION.

NINTENDO is kind of a grey area.

But so far in the world sales of the 3 consoles
PS2 is first with the GAMECUBE in second
and the XBOX is last.

If u cant accept that then thats ur problem.

And even if the gamecube 2 did bad it would'nt matter
as Nintendo is making enough of the game boy advance.

(WHICH HAS SOLD MORE UNITS THAN THE PS2!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom