Xbox - PS2 Hybrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

StumpyXL

Solid State Member
This is my first post here. My name is Nick and I am a programming student.

My buddy Dave and I are implementing two XBOX's and a PS2 all in the same box.

The reason is for enjoyment. One XBOX will use a 120GB HD for game storage and media. The other one will run Linux for system management. (Backing up boots, etc.) The PS2 runs Linux already and is in there for the DVD player and for online gaming.

We are going to use a XBOX X-tender box. A fan directly under where the XBOX jewel is located as an intake fan, and two side mounted fans for dual exhaust. Hopefully keeping the tri-board setup cool.

I am still trying to figure out how to implement a way to jump from system to system and to power the (PS-X2). The front of the X-Tender box has 3 LED's on the front so I was going to just run three switches and try that out. I do know that I am going to have to run either 3 power cords from the box or tie all of them together and ONLY power on one at a time.

If anyone would like to share some advice or ideas please feel free... We will be adding pictures soon.

-Parts
XBOX vr1.3
XBOX vr1.5
XBOX X-Tender Case
Xecuter3 Mod Chips (2)
Linux on one board.
Single Drive (Samsung)
PS2 (Thick)
GS Modded with Linux
PC USB Compatible
3 Fans (1 Intake 2 Exhaust)

Why don't you just get a computer and put an Xbox emulator on it, then put a PS2 emulator? Then you can enjoy computer games, Xbox games AND PS2 games.

But yeah, you can't just take 3 motherboards and hook them up together and have them work as one system.

It isn't going to be in a stock box.
And the three mother boards will be powered by the same supply but will not be hooked together in an other fashion.

They will work as long as you can switch the power from board to board.

why not use 3 serperate power supplies?

or a divider, when you turn it on have a the Xbox running linux, with that you should, in theory be able to switch between mobos with a front end menu, sounds very cool

what bout cooling though, unless you make it HUGE then in a confined space the whole thing may be a be cramped

mightaswell glue 2 xboxes and a PS2 together if its gonna be big xD

post a pic of the box its gonna go in

Here is the box, we will cut out four holes for fans, two intake on the front and two exhaust on the back. They will move air across, horizontally, the boards instead of just blowing from the power source.

Here is a picture of the case.

XBOX X-Tender

Normal XBOX
I got a working, another, for 40 bucks with a game and a controller from a friend of mine :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom