xbox live blocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

pablo09

Baseband Member
Hi everyone, hope ya all had a good xmas n new year...

I was wondering if anyone knows a concrete way of blocking the xbox 360 services?

I am currently using a netgear wgt624 v3 cable modem router?

Its just that my house m8 is hogging the connection all the time and is starting to get on my nerves lol.

Thanks in advance...

Block these ports on your router:

TCP: 53, 80 and 3074
UDP: 53, 88 and 3074

If you can find something called UPnP (Universal Plug and Play), turn that off and you shouldn't have to block any ports.

hi thanks 4 the reply, blocking them ports worked,

i dont want to turn upnp off because i am also hooked up to the router for my 360 its just that he is up till stupid oclock having gears of wars 2 really loud n has been doing my head in lol

Why not setup blocking on a schedule.
I.e block ports from 9.00PM until 7.00AM, that way you won't get an earful and he's happy with gears :D

Cheers.

Why not setup blocking on a schedule.
I.e block ports from 9.00PM until 7.00AM, that way you won't get an earful and he's happy with gears :D

Cheers.

Lol, I have the WGT624v3, it isn't that nice. If you had a good router (one with DD-WRT or something) you could do that.

hi, this is what i was looking for wow. i am new to this. i have the modem on my side of the wall, room & x box live is on another i read on here what to block on modem but how do you get there? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom