Xbox games in Xbox360

Status
Not open for further replies.

The General

Banned
Do they play at Xbox360 resolution? Same goes with PS and PS2 games in the PS3, do they play widescreen and at 1080p?

General I have read that all Xbox games that are backward compatible will be upscaled and support full-scene anti-aliasing.

As for the PS3, I have no idea. Not gonna buy one so I've yet to do any research on them.

Cool, because I am considering getting a Wii and an Xbox360. :)

I don't want to support Sony any more than I want to support Microsoft, but my friend just got an Xbox360 and it's way cool. :cool:

apparently you do it when your connected to the net with your xbox and then it automatically downloads the settings for that game, so you would need to have xbox live to do this!?

I've been trying to read up about it General. Apparently it should upscale or do something to that effect because you have to download the game settings or some weird thing like the guy above mentioned. Not all games are backwards compatible which sucks, but some good ones are, plus- I think yes you do have to connect online to get the update software to even use backwards compatibility.

Me and the Wifey just bought a 360 ourselves yesterday, wrapped it up for Xmas though. I'm mad, I was ready to play me some burnout revenge and some perfect dark finally lol. Oh well it can wait. We're also going to be getting a Wii once we can find one dammit. We've been searching for 2 weeks now or so but caved and figured hey, get the 360 now and after Xmas when all of a sudden there's 5 billion Nintendo's worldwide, we'll snag one then =)

I can't wait to bust out some old school mario games and everything since you can download their games offline. That's the coolest!

how many games are actually backwards compatible? would it be worth keeping them because I am really tempted to just go trade my old xbox games for 360 ones...

go onto the xboxlive website and youll be able to see what games are backwards compatible...from time to time youll need a download from the net, but if uve got xbox 360 online it automatically downloads it when u try to play an old game. there are other ways if you dont want to get xboxlive (which i suggest you do!) Go onto the xbox live site and just download the update onto a disk, u can then insert that into the x360 console and tadaaaaaa! uve got your xbox backwards compatible for all the games you can

jonny_uk said:
apparently you do it when your connected to the net with your xbox and then it automatically downloads the settings for that game, so you would need to have xbox live to do this!?

You will need Xbox Live. This does not sound strange because it is impossible to download an update for a game without being connected to the internet. Anyway, all you need is a silver account, and thus you will not have to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom