(Xbox) Black Ops 2 Blackscreen @ Menu

I don't see how that would help in anyway?

it's just a trouble shooting thing... If you unplug ethernet and are offline completely and you can load the game up, least we know the disc its self works ^_^

One less thing to consider

it's just a trouble shooting thing... If you unplug ethernet and are offline completely and you can load the game up, least we know the disc its self works ^_^

One less thing to consider
My thoughts exactly. If you delete all game content from your Xbox and turn it off/on again without an internet connection it won't attempt to download any updates so you can make sure you can boot into the game fine. Next step is to connect the internet again while the Xbox is off and then turn it back on. Try to play the game. If it updates and you get the black screen odds have it you need to wait for a new update to fix whatever problem you have (report your problem) or refuse the update and play SP.

So I attempted what was suggested above, and my results were kind of disappointing. I tried going on to Black Ops 2 while offline and it didn't ask to update but it still went to the black screen which means that it is in fact the game disc. I don't see how it could have gotten damaged overnight but I guess I'll have to purchase a new copy..

So I attempted what was suggested above, and my results were kind of disappointing. I tried going on to Black Ops 2 while offline and it didn't ask to update but it still went to the black screen which means that it is in fact the game disc. I don't see how it could have gotten damaged overnight but I guess I'll have to purchase a new copy..

Do you have a friends you could borrow and see? After a lot of Google it appears this is a big problem on both Xbox and PS3.

Do you have a friends you could borrow and see? After a lot of Google it appears this is a big problem on both Xbox and PS3.

What PP said, don't throw the towel in just yet... gotta make sure it IS the disc and just the disc. Hey, maybe it's the XBOX..? Don't purchase one yet.

So if you tried it without the updates and without the ethernet cord plugged in and got black screen... try what PP said.

Back
Top Bottom