XBOX 360 worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive never heard of someone having troubles connecting to xbox live, i simply plus it into my router set up the ip and bam, all taken care of

nah i could connect to xboxlive without any hassles but it was joining games! EVERY time it would say "couldnt conect to all players" or "couldnt connect to host" i spent $200 on a new router and everything i spent over 7 hours on the phone to xbox and other people and no matter what i tried it wouldnt work...anyway i dont have to worry about it anymore:D its gone to the xbox graveyard haha

OMG 3+ Year WARRANTY!!!!!!!, that is incredible,too bad my system wont die on me like a 360 will eventually die on everyone as stated by xbox ex. president. Who cares no sane person would buy a console with 100 years warrant if they knew it had a good chance of dying on them. Would you buy a new car if you knew there was a 33% chance of it being defective?

If there was a 33% chance of you getting hit by a car I would donate to the cause. :D

ill believe you TheEnd when one of my 360s die because i dont believe that ALL of them will die only a third, theres still a good chance you will get one that works just fine

my one works perfectly and ive had it for almost 3 years now. And when i bought it i didnt even know there was a garuantee...
An xbox360 in my opinion is definitely worth; would beat a ps3 or wii anyday!

Well your going to have problems with any console with NAT enabled on it's ports! The xbox does it, the PS2 does it (can't play Socom online at all with the NAT on). You don't need to spend $200 bucks to replace that stuff when all you need to do is disable the NAT/Firewall on your router, fixed my problem.

He did not mean all 360s are going to break from a defect, he meant that any 360 can break from the defect. There is a difference. It's like they all carry a biological virus that can be active or stay dormant, causing no problems. Comparing it to TVs isn't much accurate because there are hundreds of options in terms of TVs, different models, companies etc.

In terms of consoles you really have 2 choices, the 360 and PS3, if you don't count the Wii since it's not really "next-generation". It's basically old hardware supped up with motion sensors and etc. Still is fun though.

Ah, TheEnd... Chairman of pulling articles and what other people say out of his ***. You tend to also take things that ARE true and add additional crap to it. How truly sad.

actually ive heard that if your 360 breaks down in the warranty time, theyll replace with a newer version. i heard about someone who had an xbox 360 and it overheated and fried. sent it off and got a newer version with a more efficient cooling system. they screwed up the release, but its cheaper for them to be replaced as they recieve them, than to have a mass recall.

and also TheEnd what is your deal? you get so fired up whenever someone disagrees with you. you really need to keep your arrogance in check.

ALOt of people dont even have an HDTV or an insane surround sound system, so blu ray will show no benifits in their case so why pay for it??

Blu Ray can hold a crap load of stuff though, so you can get longer games, uncompressed sound, etc.

Anyway, the 360 is a good console for the money. Halo 3 looks quite nice, and I'm interested to see how they optimize Halo Wars (rts) for the 360. It is also getting Splinter Cell as an exclusive so yeah...

I'm still on the PS3 side of fence, but the 360 is looking nice. Especially because of its price point. Unfortunately I probably won't be able to afford either until after my computer is upgraded and I've financed a trip to Peru around the beginning of next year, so go Wii!

marblez, longer games wont happen anytime soon. At least, not the extent of what people think. It comes down to window of release opportunity vs. cost of production. No way in **** could they and keep prices at a good point unless they MASSIVELY delayed them, then they would be outdated and newer game engines would be coming in. DVD blu ray is not a big deal for gaming, only for play back. You are correct about uncompressed sound, however, as well as data, plus compilations that will fit on one disc, like making of, etc .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom