XBox 360 questions(streaming video, which version 2 buy?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortstop20

I plan on buying an XBox 360 tomorrow or Thursday(waiting for the $50 price cut). I'm going to buy the one with the 20GB Hard drive I think. I don't think I have any use for the Elite system but I'm not for sure. I have a 27" TV with component hookups(yellow, red, white) and S-Video. I plan on using the XBox for playing games mainly(local and online) and streaming video from my PC(Windows Vista BUSINESS Edition) to my XBox so I can watch it on my TV. Will I have any problems streaming video from my computer to my 360 since my PC doesn't have Media Center? I also have XP Pro SP2 on that computer(dual boot) but I don't hardly ever use it. I would like to stream video from Vista Business if possible. Is the wireless adapter on the XBox 360 802.11a, b, or g? My router is not 802.11a compatible but I plan on using the wired ethernet connection anyways.

Anything else I need to know?

Thanks,

Joel
shortstop20

you dont have any need to get the elite over the premium with what i can see, considering you don't even have a HD TV.

And yeah you will have problems. I don't think you can get video across to xbox any other way than media centre. oh wait... there is a 3rd party program called... transcode 360 i think it was?

Streaming video will be difficult if you can find a way to do it, lol

I stream video using Windows Media Player 11. Click on the little arrow below the Library button then click on Media Sharing then add the Xbox 360 to your devices that you enable sharing with.

you can also stream with a program called TVersity

I've heard good and bad things about Tversity. Sounds great if you can get it to work but I never could! Mind you I was trying to do it across a wireless network to complicate things!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom