Xbox 360 chipsets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffin Man

muffin enthusiast
i'm not really familiar the different versions or revisions, whatever the right term is, for the various 360 models.

i do know that some are considered good or ok while some you should just avoid.

i mean like jasper or falcon boards.

so if anyone knows and wants to just give me like a quick rundown i guess, i would appreciate it :) thx.

I'd stay away from all the Xbox 360's without Jasper logic boards that aren't the Xbox 360 S. Just make sure the power supply brick says 150W rather then 175W or 203W.

You can't tell by looking at the brick, as some jasper units shipped with a higher wattage brick for some reason, the only sure fire way is to look at the plug, as it can accept any wattage brick.

^^You're right, I believe that the power requirements are listed on the back of the console as well.

As was said, avoid all boards except the Jasper. I was always told the 2 good boards where Falcon and Jasper and that the Falcon Elite's wouldn't suffer any problems. Well, I went the mile and did the 12v fan mod and x clamp mod to be sure only for my ANA chip to go out. Nothing I did besides reflow would fix the e74 error so basically I've been telling anybody Jasper or gtfo.

Edit:
Since we're on the subject, does anybody know if the Halo 3 Edition (fat) is Jasper or Falcon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom