X-Box to switch to PowerPC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why isn't Microsoft going with AMD? I've never heard of PowerPC processors being good for gaming, and they're mucn more expensive than AMDs.

thats a load of crap microsoft and intel are so closely intertwined that would never happen, that would be like Apple trying to get an AMD chip for the Mac

Well.. From what the press releases from both Microsoft and IBMs websites it looks like that may be true.. The aren't stating that it's the main CPU chip that they are talking about, but they aren't saying that it's not either.

Alexander

Okay, at first I thought 'whoo hoo!' then I thought about for a while... If Microsoft goes totally PPC, then what would be the difference between PC's and Macs??? I know this is thinking way ahead, but really? The price of PC's would go up, the price of Macs would go down, and there would be little difference other than the OS!! AND if Microsoft went totally PPC, where would Apple's individuality go?

:sigh: Just like everything else in this world, there is a good side followed by a bad side.

Macs can Run windows 2000 and XBOX runs on what?

I think the XBOX G5 is an awesome Idea. Now all they gotta do is make a 2d game coup

I don't wanna have to buy a ps2 just to play Guilty gear and SNK VS Capcom.

and since SNK no wanna show any Dreamcast love.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom