Playin 360 on my LCD Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sSyke

Solid State Member
I bought a Samsung Syncmaster 226bw and I don't have the audio in or out to play the 360 on it. Is it possible to still play it with sound? Somebody please help me, I am desperate.

Just contact through the forums, that's what they're here for.

What kind of audio device are you planning on using? (speakers, headphones, etc). If headphones, do you have an external amplifying device (headphone amp, powered speakers, monitor w/ integrated speakers, etc)? Basically you need something to convert the red and white plugs (RCA cables) to a headphone plug (3.5mm Minijack). This is pretty easy, RadioShack carries all sorts of connectors, splitters, couplers, and adapters to fit your system together. If you need help, tell me what you want to hook up to and I'll figure out how to connect it.

I got now speakers in my monitor. So that means no audio ports. I bought speakers to plug into my laptop which is powering the screen. The xbox 360's video is connected through VGA leading to the KVM Switch. I still have the red and white cords with a splitter. I need to connect them to the speakers which are plugged into the headphone jack on laptop. I dont have any extra ports on the bass nor the monitor. I only have one headphone jack on the wired control for the speakers.

I am trying to get audio to play from the speakers.

Thanks,
Adam

setupez9.jpg

You can get this stuff at RadioShack.

Male-to-Female Minijack cord looks like:

312XHEHGwwL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

502-16_lg.jpg

If your speakers have a female port on the base unit (subwoofer or otherwise) instead of an included or hardwired cord, you may need a male-to-male minjack cable, but I figure if you have it plugged into your laptop, you already have this.

Cable2.jpg

Hope this helps,
Adam (aka CalcProgrammer1)

thanks, I got it. I didnt need that mini jack btw. I just connected it right to it. by the way, my name is adam too. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom