Modding Xbox Halo 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSill

Baseband Member
Hey,

I heard there is a way to take out your xbox hard drive, download specific files off a computer and reinstall the hard drive to the xbox. Instead of purchasing a mod chip, anybody firmilliar as to what I'm referring too?

I'm pretty sure I get what you mean, you want to skip the whole step of installing a mod chip, and just hooking up the Xbox HDD to your comptuer and manually plopping the files and folders into the hard drive, correct?

Well, this won't work. Sorry to say, and here's why:

1) In order to play a modded game of Halo 2, you need to have Halo 2 ripped on the Xbox hard drive, while you can store it on there, without a Modded Xbox and a dashboard (such as EvoX) you cannot access this game. It doesn't do you much good to have all the files on there with no way to use them, does it?

2) There's an alternate method to playing Halo 2, in fact, you can just burn all the files with Halo 2 to a DVD, but once again you won't be able to play it without a mod chip.

The Halo 2 mods are a load of fun for a good while, but no matter which method you go about, you NEED to have a mod chip installed. This just cannot be avoided.

But hey, installing one is no problem, really, and most can be turned off easily if you want to use Xbox Live.

Thanks man I've been researching on xbox-mod.com im just getting tired of playing these modders on any level above 35 on halo 2 so im about to just say hell with it and mod myself.

All you need is Action Replay, Game Save Exploit (hard to find), and an Orig. Splinter Cell or Mech Assault. Copy the exploit from the A.R. memory card to your hard drive. Start up Splinter Cell or Mech A. and (for Splinter Cell) go to start game, linux, then game options or something like that.

P.S: Its really hard, but its worth it. It usually only costs about $30 compared to a hard mod ($75+). Good luck buddy.

doC47 is refering to what is called a "softmod" but in my experiance ( i'm a professinal modder) softmods are crap...why?... one because you cant use a upgrade harddrive...two. it is so easy to screw up the installation....and even if u make it through the install.. if u move one wrong file aka evoxdash.xbe or any of the other font hacks...then your box is screwed... and you HAVE to get a mod chip to fix it.

oh and btw you can get a good chip for $25 called the smartxx lt opx... i've installed it in a few boxes that the customer didn't want to pay $60 for a xenium ice... and i have seen no problems with it so far... and contrary to belief.. a chip is really not that hard to solder in....and even if u can't solder. there is a solderless method available

so go with a chip... it is much better

oh btw if u need any help on modding and use irc.. head over to rig.unixfire.net #slayers

I thought you could replace the hdd in a softmodded Xbox? Don't you just need to copy all of the files off of the old hdd onto the new one?

and in that lies the problem....how are you going to do that? you can't just place both drives in a PC because the xbox drive is in a format known as Fatx which windows cannot read

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom