Microsoft's Second Coming of the Xbox 360 Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh joy ... a week after I get my Xbox360 this happens. FUN.

What they need to do is upgrade the video card to a G80 with two HDMI outputs for dual head gaming, 500GB hardddrive and put a Blu-Ray/HD-DVD combo drive in it. Then they would be kicking the PS3 off the market for sure. Screw the 65nm processor, I could care less if its 90nm or 65nm.

The stock 20GB Hard Drive is plenty of room for games/music/videos anyways.

My friend's regular XBOX doesn't even have 1% of room used with 30 games saved in it's memory.

It's not about whats "enough" it's about whats "absurd" that sells. The PS3 is absurd, the Xbox360 was absurd for about 8 months and it needs an update.

I just started on my music and video collection thatÂ’s grown to about 10 gigs in the past 2 months. It'd be about 50 gig by the end of the year. Be nice to be able to store it on my Xbox.

Being able to run native 1080p on my 60"SXRD would be nice too :p

Are you sure it's not just about bragging rights?

Like, who actually uses the entire 500GB of HD space in their computer, or whatever they own? I'm using the least with only 13.2GB used.

Danks said:
I just started on my music and video collection thatÂ’s grown to about 10 gigs in the past 2 months. It'd be about 50 gig by the end of the year. Be nice to be able to store it on my Xbox.

Being able to run native 1080p on my 60"SXRD would be nice too :p

What do you mean native 1080p? VGA and component are both capable of 1080p.

talldude123 said:
Are you sure it's not just about bragging rights?

Like, who actually uses the entire 500GB of HD space in their computer, or whatever they own? I'm using the least with only 13.2GB used.

I do. I have 560gb of TV shows and 25gb of music.

And on top of that, yes it's bragging rights. Like I said before, its absurdity that sells.

But not on the Sony SXRD Brand, which only support 1080p over HDMI... kinda sucks.

Danks said:
But not on the Sony SXRD Brand, which only support 1080p over HDMI... kinda sucks.

Well, get a different TV. That's retarded. Component can do up to 2160p @ 30fps (on a 1 meter cable, but still :p)

And there is many other reasons why HDMI 1.3 is necessary:

1. Support for dolby digital plus

2. Support for dolby true hd

3. Support for DTS-HD

4. Support for the image constraint token which otherwise when enabled wont allow us to get HD resolutions on HD-DVDs

5. Proper full screen display for 16:9 material unlike the VGA where many displays dont display full screen through VGA

6. Lip synching fixes to better align the frames to the sound timings

7. Legal dvd upscaling up to d1 resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom