Help With Modding XBOX!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hckyplyr000

Solid State Member
A friend of mine had his Xbox modded and as i was looking inside of his i don't think i saw a modchip in there. maybe i cudnt tell what it lookd like, but that friend even told me that he only paid for labor and the HD, not for a chip. he can rip games to the HD and play the emulator games already saved on the HD. when he starts his xbox it says xecuter2 on the splash screen. so i am wondering if it is possible to modify my xbox without having to put in a chip, by only flashing it. New question....how do i flash my xbox? What do i need and what are the steps? i am new to modding xboxs and i really need help PLEASE HELP!
THANKS!

Xecuter 2 is a hardware mod. You can't physically see it unless the drives are completely removed from the xbox. As far as I can tell you have to have a hardware mod to perform flashing as the hardware mod, in this case the xecuter 2, is what is allowing the flashing in the first place.

I am just starting to research this myself. I have narrowed it down to the Xecuter 2 and the Xenium Ice. I am not sure which is better.

Good luck in your research.

thanks......iv actually just recently given up on moding without a chip.....so im right now leaning toward the xecuter2, but im wondering...both chips allows you to copy games to the HD rite? also wat about unlocking/locking the HD? im a little lost right now, im still trying to figure out the basics....thanks for your help, i appreciate it

Visit xbox-scene.com

Its called TSOP flashing, its really easy, if you have an old xbox (1.0 or 1.1) then you can split it with a bit of soldering and keep the original while adding a different one, if you have a newer one (1.2-.1.5) then you can only flash one bios on and lose access to Xbox Live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom