360 on pc monitor with no sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poizen22

Camera junky
ok so i got a hdmi to dvi cable. pluged my 360 into the monitor worked fine. now my problem is i have no sound. the 360 and the monitor have no headphone jack. now is there a way for me to get soun out of this? or will i need to purchase a monitor with a headphone jack?

Get a headset for the 360. It will give you sound. As far as a 5.1 setup or something of the like, I doubt it.

So you've got your HDMI out from the Xbox 360 - connected to a HDMI to DVI adaptor- plugged into your monitor?

There is a device used for these cases to get sound, it is the bottom one in this picture:

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s264/kissker/Xbox 360/228849817_o.jpg

it will plug in like the old AV ,but allow you to use the digital optical (the black square) or the Red/White connections.

If you have a normal speaker set up with a 3.5mm jack, then you will need an additional adapter to turn the Red/White into it....

At least that's what I think it is for... I have one.. but don't use one.

Yeah, Gothch1ck is right. Only problem is that that cable is sold only with the Microsoft HDMI cable and retails for an insane $50. That, to me, is ridiculous for just a little cord. Alternatively, you can take a hammer to your regular A/V cable and remove the plastic shell around the plug, allowing it to fit in the port while an HDMI cable is inserted. Personally, I don't recommend destroying your cable.

I'd just use VGA (...I DO just use VGA, as I use my DVI port for PC), you can get VGA 360 cables (unofficial no-name imitation ones) for like $5 and they have optical audio and analog audio as well. They also sell imitation audio cords just like the one in the HDMI kit if you insist on using HDMI-DVI.

Here is an imitation 360 HDMI kit, only $15 instead of $50:
NEW AUDIO VIDEO HDMI AV CABLEGaming Cables For Xbox 360 - eBay (item 320360147678 end time May-14-09 03:35:07 PDT)

If you search eBay more you can find just the audio part (not the HDMI cable) for even cheaper, or you can always go the VGA route as well.

As for the headset, NO!!!! The 360 will not detect nor use USB headsets. The headset that plugs into the controller is only for voice chat, not game audio.

I got mine in my React Cooler kit, included is a HDMI cable, the Audio converter, a play and charge kit, and a optical cable (for audio), as well as the 3 fan (in power) cooler unit, as well as the rechargeable battery pack for your controller...

Got mine off ebay for $17 ish dollars. Lemme link what it looks like...

and so far- no issues with the React cooler...
React RT1200 Starter Kit for Xbox 360 - eBay (item 160327202685 end time Apr-15-09 15:07:03 PDT)

That is also the buyer I got mine from, which I rated 5 star.

So since I got mine for around $20, the play and charge kit alone is that much (with battery) The only thing I don't like is the play and charge kit has 2 LED's Green and Red- and are both insanely bright when on (plugged in), so you might need to take a marker to them to dull them down.

All I really wanted was the Play and charge kit and rechargeable battery for my system, but saw this deal and figured why not? extra parts could be sold cheap to people that need them, and the HDMI cable isn't bad quality either, I believe it has the gold plated connections and everything.

Just FYI on prices here:
6ft of HDMI cable $10 (Newegg)
3ft of Audio Optical cable $5
Play and charge kit $20
"Intercooler" fan $25
Audio Converter $15

Yes it is not "microsoft genuine" but I really haven't heard bad things about the brand "React"

That's a great deal there, if you go by M$ prices:

HDMI bundle - $50
Play n' Charge bundle - $20
Intercooler (Nyko brand) - $25
Optical cable - $25 (in-store price of a Monster Cable version, as that overpriced junk is all that stores stock)

That's well over $100, I may have to buy one! The 3rd party cables are almost 1-to-1 clones of the official ones so why not go for it. I could also use a Play n' Charge now that I have a wireless controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom