Safest gadgets?

super man

Beta member
Hello tech forums! I have come to this forum in search of answers that a technology noob like me has a hard time answering.

I am looking for the safest and most affordable smartphone and the safest way to browse my windows 8 laptop and safest USB key.

Before I start I want to say that by safe I consider safety from hackers but also from the same companies' product that I consume. I personally hate this privacy collecting going on and it reduces my quality of enjoyment whenever I use technological gadgets. I almost flipped when I learned that samsung has access to my moms smart TV's camera and voice recorder for typical corporate purposes.... I have learned lately that windows 10 actually saves up all your information if you don't disable some specific option and microsoft with the help of cortana actually builds an ID portfolio of you including name, voice and pretty much everything you can think of.

That's pretty much what I don't want: I'm in need of help to find a smartphone that does not collect my data (including when I use wifi) , that has strong security system (I heard that is blackberry), that doesn't sell / help government unless it's murder etc, and especially one that doesn't build a consumer portfolio.

Now I already own a windows 8 laptop and I'm wondering if there are options that I should disable to prevent ID portfolios or simply all data that is collected period. Even if that means reverting to windows 7.

Same thing with USB key, safe & secure from applications and such that would try to save and access all information.

Now this may not be possible but I'm sure there are ways to get close to this. Any additional tips that I haven't asked would be great (please no "don't use them at all, huzzah!").

I was also considering buying my own email domain, any great sellers' site would be great. Thanks a bunch tech community!

Hello tech forums! I have come to this forum in search of answers that a technology noob like me has a hard time answering.

I am looking for the safest and most affordable smartphone and the safest way to browse my windows 8 laptop and safest USB key.

Before I start I want to say that by safe I consider safety from hackers but also from the same companies' product that I consume. I personally hate this privacy collecting going on and it reduces my quality of enjoyment whenever I use technological gadgets. I almost flipped when I learned that samsung has access to my moms smart TV's camera and voice recorder for typical corporate purposes.... I have learned lately that windows 10 actually saves up all your information if you don't disable some specific option and microsoft with the help of cortana actually builds an ID portfolio of you including name, voice and pretty much everything you can think of.

That's pretty much what I don't want: I'm in need of help to find a smartphone that does not collect my data (including when I use wifi) , that has strong security system (I heard that is blackberry), that doesn't sell / help government unless it's murder etc, and especially one that doesn't build a consumer portfolio.

Now I already own a windows 8 laptop and I'm wondering if there are options that I should disable to prevent ID portfolios or simply all data that is collected period. Even if that means reverting to windows 7.

Same thing with USB key, safe & secure from applications and such that would try to save and access all information.

Now this may not be possible but I'm sure there are ways to get close to this. Any additional tips that I haven't asked would be great (please no "don't use them at all, huzzah!").

I was also considering buying my own email domain, any great sellers' site would be great. Thanks a bunch tech community!

Being perfectly honest you might want to consider moving over to something like Linux Mint. You will have to learn the features and learn about basic commands ECT: But with Mint you get a GUI (Graphical User Interface) and with programs like Bleach Bit and Vera Crypt; you are pretty safe. You could for for something like a High Capacity USB Flash Drive with Encryption to standards like 256 EAS or something similar.

I strongly advise moving away from Windows Desktop Versions simply if you don't want you personal information collected then imo thats the only way. Carnage will be the best for help on that as I can't say 100%.

As for smart phones I don't have one and I wouldn't have one for example, what about Smurfing. This could be a serious consideration if you're that cautious.

On one final note I very much doubt you are going to be made target by a hacker or hacking organization simply because this takes time and planning to execute especially were targeted attacks are concerned. You more under attack by the Company who's products your using.

Back
Top Bottom