Would you be interested in Star Craft II Beta!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you have a higher chance of winning the lotto then a SC 2 beta key :p

Then just enter a few more times.

Personaly i am just going to wait until the finished product comes out. I have playied a few beta. Sure, they are great in that you get a sneak peak of the games. However at the same times expect bugs and other thing that are unfinished.

Good things comes to thoses who wait.

We are talking about Blizzard here. About the only products that they do that suck is Vapor-Ware.

Starcraft most definitely lived up to the hype
Diablo 2 lived up to the hype
Warcraft 3 most definitely lived up to the hype
World of Warcraft lived up to the hype

lets hope they can do it a 5th time! since the hype of SC2 is no doubt packing on a ridiculous immeasurable amount

Reason why I was making comments about the Vaporware is I am still upset with Blizzard canning Starcraft Ghost. I was looking forward to that game.
Also, the other reason being was at the time there was a UT mod that was based around star craft. Orginally Blizzard was not minding these guys about making a free FPS based on SC. Back then, Blizzard was very lacked about their IP. However at some point, Blizzard changed their mind and issued Cease and Desisted order to these guys that were making the mod. Mainly due to the fact that SC:Ghost was in full swing back then. So was the death of UT:StarCraft. However many years later, SC:Ghost got canned too.

Reason why I was making comments about the Vaporware is I am still upset with Blizzard canning Starcraft Ghost. I was looking forward to that game.
Also, the other reason being was at the time there was a UT mod that was based around star craft. Orginally Blizzard was not minding these guys about making a free FPS based on SC. Back then, Blizzard was very lacked about their IP. However at some point, Blizzard changed their mind and issued Cease and Desisted order to these guys that were making the mod. Mainly due to the fact that SC:Ghost was in full swing back then. So was the death of UT:StarCraft. However many years later, SC:Ghost got canned too.

dude did you ever see videos of Starcraft ghost? That project deserved to be canceled, it took way too long and was way too outdated not to mention it was primarily for consoles. ( that adventures of warcraft game was also canceled ) 99.9% of companies would have released the crappy game if they were in Blizzards position, but Blizzard is obviously no normal company. They don't want to ruin any of their IPs and like to take their sweet time...but come on...SC2...10+ years in development....they only got 2/3rds done with the terran campaign in a whole years time....what kind of work ethic do they have here!??!

dude did you ever see videos of Starcraft ghost? That project deserved to be canceled, it took way too long and was way too outdated not to mention it was primarily for consoles. ( that adventures of warcraft game was also canceled ) 99.9% of companies would have released the crappy game if they were in Blizzards position, but Blizzard is obviously no normal company. They don't want to ruin any of their IPs and like to take their sweet time...but come on...SC2...10+ years in development....they only got 2/3rds done with the terran campaign in a whole years time....what kind of work ethic do they have here!??!

Just looked at those videos. Lot of them look incomplete. Looking at some of the stills for game play graphics, Blizzard would of been able to get away with it had the game been release on time back 2003/4.
However not for 2006. Keep in mind that in 2004, with the release of Far Cry, Doom III and Half Life 2, it was rather large jump for graphics in gaming.
Therefore Blizzard would of entire had to re-do the game again, or can it.

According to Wiki, Blizzard has only shelved SC:Ghost. Therefore it may or may not come out in the future. However considering on how slow Blizzard works, I am not holding my breith.

I was kinda hoping they Activision would make them get their act together since they bought them, but it doesn't look like it so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom