Will there ever be classics again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the oldest version of ET was the most fun, its 2.55 or something

i remember headshotting axis in their base like crazy with thompson on the cliff of fuel dump

now its harder to headshot at far distances, they changed the registry i guess

ya Diablo2 is a classic, Blizz screwed it over when they released 1.11 I believe, the patch with runes and jewls.. terrible stuff

to me oblivion or guild wars will be my classics as i have over 240 hours on gw and 168 0n oblivion i cant forget that much gaming lol never played oen game so much fearis good fps as well

Amd gt player said:
to me oblivion or guild wars will be my classics as i have over 240 hours on gw and 168 0n oblivion i cant forget that much gaming lol never played oen game so much fearis good fps as well
how in the world could those oblivion and GW be classics?!!? dunno about you but to me, the game has to be at least 10-15 years old to be categorized as classics. more like Final Fantasy I, II, III. those are classics. (I don't think FF1, FF2 never got released in the U.S. tho..)

NON of 3D games aren't called CLASSICS IMO. it has to be 2D graphix, dude.
Well, they'll be classics in the future.

We'll just have to revisit this thread in 10 years and see what actually became a classic :p

And yeah, games always seem better when you played them years ago because you were also a kid and things seemed better then. Now you've grown up through a lot of different crap and are anticipating and criticizing the crap out of games when you didn't do that as a kid.

Yeah because Wolfenstein 3D and DOOM aren't classics or anything. :rolleyes:

Come on, dude...

wolfenstein_3d1.jpg
doom.gif

I'd have to say games like Ultima 7 & 8 are classics to me. And I also enjoy the Sims franchise. Definitely a classic in my book.

Don't forget Hexen!

250px-Hexenbox.jpg

or Quake!

quake.jpg

Where would gaming be without id? Without terms like deathmatch and frag it would be a nightmare! They also set up the foundation of the basic weapon loadout: pistol, shotgun, machine gun, and rocket launcher.

On another note I'm so glad they released DOOM on xbox live. Now I can play deathmatch online. I must say it is so much easier to control on a gamepad, one of the only times where a fps is better not on a keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom