will this..

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm, but L4d is based on the source engine.

but still that laptop has low end specs. i dont think it will run smoothly.

but then again my old pos pentium d and 8500GT would max out half life 2 at 1680x1050 and easily get 60fps.
L4d is very much the source engine...and actually is not as taxing as TF2 can be.
Maxing HL2 is one thing. Try maxing HL2 EP2 in the finale. Then try TF2 mid-combat maxed...

HL2 and L4D are different. They have improved the source engine since 2004, so it should be harder to max L4D. However Source should also be just as scalable as always and you can turn off a lot of the stuff. i know a guy who played HL2 quite comfortably on a radeon xpress200m. I don't know how that compares to a radeon 9000, but it MAY be possible to play L4D. If it is, it will be very ugly.

I'm just saying, thinking that -being able to run HL2 quite nicely means that you can run L4D sorta nicely- isn't really true. The performance crevasse (cool word) between HL2 and EP2 is really large...I mean exorbitant, and every source game since has been pretty demanding of the CPU....at least compared to HL2.

Like I said there was suppose to be a demo. How bout the OP downloads that and that will answer everything :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom