Why are people such jerks in online games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MW2 has the worst community. There really isn't anything to due but quit playing.. or go to speech theropy to get rid of the accent.

...are you saying it's a bad thing to have? That seems sort of rude like you're blaming it on me :|

And yea..I know it's a horrible community. I'd love to pick up a different game but I have no fun money at this time and it was a christmas gift, so I might as well take advantage of it :\

Did I once mention it was a bad thing? Calm down now. I basically said this "TWO OPTIONS. 1) Don't Play or 2)Speech therapy." You can't change the people. SOOO...

No but the way you worded it sounded like I was the only person that needed to change rather than people acting more mature..which made it sound that way

I think it was a joke. either way dude just mute the players...they are usually nothing but annoying people that randomly put their mic on with music or are kids yelling, or people breathing/wheezing endlessly into the mic.

I find that being online some times bring out the worst in people. I have had plenty of experience where IRL some one will be a good friend to you. But online, they are a complete jerk.

I find that being online some times bring out the worst in people. I have had plenty of experience where IRL some one will be a good friend to you. But online, they are a complete jerk.

yea..pretty much. Just like the anonymous thing that was said earlier..people feel the need to be jerks as long as no one knows who they are :|

Internet anonymity rules. At least until you're enough of a jerk to make someone come and find you irl.

It is also really difficult to do Jokes/humor in writing- it just doesn't work - so it is easy for it to be taken the wrong way.

It is also really difficult to do Jokes/humor in writing- it just doesn't work - so it is easy for it to be taken the wrong way.

Voice it isn't as easy to take the wrong way though, which is what waffle is talking about :p. Although a good example of what you said, was what Overlord said.

Internet anonymity rules. At least until you're enough of a jerk to make someone come and find you irl.

Yes. I do remember giving one of my friends a rather abusive phone call 2 weeks ago telling him to stop being such a keyboard jockey as he some of his remarks on my Facebook page I found a little insulting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom