Whats a good fps with good graphics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
you talkin bout grade 9 provincials? i practically slept through those lol. if you passed those didnt have to take any more. at least here in new brunswick. unless they changed it in the last 5 years since i graduated.

i'm playing with the hl2 mod now that steams done dragging its ***. lookin pretty sharp imo.

and according to the mod maker it can only be made to run on 64bitOS due to some crappy limitations on 32bit OS's.

oh here found it in the readme:
CM6 developper guy said:
32 BIT WARNING:

This mod was developed and tested on 64 Bit Windows. It is NOT supported on
32 Bit Windows, because of the limited Userspace with 32 Bit systems. You
can try it on 32 Bit, but prepare for crashes.

On some 32 Bit systems it is possible to overcome this limitation with some
boot.ini switches for raising the userspace limit. I'm not going into
detail here, because those tweaks are dangerous and should only be done by
people, who are knowing exactly, what they do.

so youd have to download and install the 64 bit version and find some way to get around it on your own. none of that means anything to me so iuno lol

oh well here in b.c. we have to take provincials for grade 9 and and 11 and 12 is now optional i think

hey merk...im def gonna replay hl2 wiht that mod...but i have a quesiton.
i can only find a 64bit version...is that the only one out yet?

unfortunately it's a bit of a headache to download/install/play

4 files to download, 1GB each :freak:, just make sure your connection is consistent, mine wasn't and it would break off the download early and give me corrupt files...

FakeFactory's Cinematic Mod 6 - Christmas Present, Half-Life 2 Downloads, Half-Life 2 FakeFactory Cinematic Mod
FakeFactory's Cinematic Mod 6 - Christmas Present, Half-Life 2 Downloads, Half-Life 2 FakeFactory Cinematic Mod

patch: FakeFactory's Cinematic Mod 6.4 Patch, Half-Life 2 Downloads, Half-Life 2 Patches

You need 7-zip to extract. I remember just putting all four files in one folder and extracting the first file. I think one problem I had was with the extension of the file names, so make sure those are all proper, follow the ReadMe down to the last letter.

This game was developed for 64-bit Windows, but it plays on 32bit windows just fine, but it crashes sometimes (I've only had it happen on 4-5 loading screens in HL2) You just have to reload it usually once, but somtimes, you'll need to crash/reload several times, I find that quick saving closer to where the crash happens helps. The crashes seemed to happen more so in the Anticitizen One chapter/level. And remember that it is a seperate mod, so you can only load up your save games in the mod and not in regular HL2..

I would recommend Stalker also.
I was first playing it when it came out. But will play it for sure again, one I will build new computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom