Whats a good fps with good graphics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol no, sorry :p

I hope you get your new build up soon. If you get some money I would pick up the 8800GS for 109 after rebate. THat's amazing performance for the money.

ya.. its a matter of convincing my parents to buy it though... they think I'm gaming a bit too much when I should be preparing for the SAT's next year

My parents were never too excited about puter stuff either..but I convinced them that it was a healthy hobby, albeit a bit expensive. I mean it's not like you're smokin pot and dropping acid, you're learning new stuff every day and doing hardware problem solving type stuff!

and omg they're still giving out the SAT tests? Those are so old school. I never even took them and I'm going to school in Oxford!

canada ftw no sat's here XD and is that alex!? XD ill have to get that cinematic mod and play through hl2 again. sweet.

and yeah oblivion dominates if you add all the super retexture mods and crap to it. I can get oblivion to chug a bit on my setup at 1280x1024 lol kindof sickening. i couldnt even play the game without retextures tho lol yuck >.>

I dunno...the thing about the Source engine is that it always looks so 2D to me. Everything is made of flat surfaces, there's no substance. The character looks great but everything else looks very dull to me. Also if you compare that character to Crysis characters then it's not that great either.

yeah, I kinda know what you mean, there are way too many flat surfaces, but that's in the level designing, that's not really an engine issue, at the time, with the computer-power available, maybe they just couldn't put that much detail in the levels, and unfortunately, the CM mod can't do much to the maps

Crysis is all over the place in terms of character models. The nanosuit people look awesome, but the Koreans look terrible! The US soldiers too... And also that woman you had to rescue from the school, ugh... plus the range of facial animations is nothing like what Source offers

The character models in the HL2 CM6 mod are much better looking than the majority of character models you see in Crysis IMO

but then again, Crysis has the most lush, mesmerizing outdoor visuals I've ever seen (indoor is TERRIBLE, worse than HL2 for sure, very bland)

CoD4 is pretty bland, visually, I get the odd moment when in motion that it looks really photo-realistic, but the TERRIBLE (TEERRRIBLLE) character models get in the way of that, and the levels are really not that great, just looks like CoD2 & 3 tbqh

I'm not entirely impressed with the Unreal engine - it seems to rely too much on making things look like plastic/clay covered with saran wrap to have a more tangible look to it, which in effect makes it look cartoony and less real

supreme commander doesn't have any gfx to speak of.. Its all about the scale of units on the battlefield. Plus it crashes on my computer -___-

hey merk...im def gonna replay hl2 wiht that mod...but i have a quesiton.
i can only find a 64bit version...is that the only one out yet?

canada ftw no sat's here XD and is that alex!? XD ill have to get that cinematic mod and play through hl2 again. sweet.

and yeah oblivion dominates if you add all the super retexture mods and crap to it. I can get oblivion to chug a bit on my setup at 1280x1024 lol kindof sickening. i couldnt even play the game without retextures tho lol yuck >.>

no sats but provincials tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom