What is the Difference between WoW and AoC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarrenX

In Runtime
I read the description, class development, combat model, and everything else I could and I cannot find a difference between the two games (other than graphics) that would spur me to abandon my 70 undead lock for a necromancer...

Re: WTF is the Difference between WoW and AoC?

Heres, the difference. Wow is an all ages MMO infested with stupid little kids and 1337 haxxors. Age of Conan is an M rated MMO that has blood, fatalities and boobs, and is technically only for 18+. Also WoW is very very cartoony with dated graphics, while Age of Conan will force you to have a halfway decent rig to play it with any bit of performance.

It wont kill WoW, but it will definately pull alot of the more mature gamers away from it.

Don't underestimate the boob factor!

Virtual goodies for everyone

Installing now, my god I am glad I bought a new sata drive.

Yep, I've heard about some installation horror stories. Some claim over an hour.

Yea it is going to take an hour for the two DVD discs to install, but then there is like gigs I need to download after this I think. So I guess it will be late tonight before I can log on.

Heres, the difference. Wow is an all ages MMO infested with stupid little kids and 1337 haxxors. Age of Conan is an M rated MMO that has blood, fatalities and boobs, and is technically only for 18+. Also WoW is very very cartoony with dated graphics, while Age of Conan will force you to have a halfway decent rig to play it with any bit of performance.

It wont kill WoW, but it will definately pull alot of the more mature gamers away from it.

bingo.

And the combat system is completely new. Unless you've used it there's no way you can compare it to wow.

Oh and the story/world is completely different. almost forgot that.

how many variations of a quest journal can be made? >.> yeah theres similarities. The quest journal is.. you know, a quest journal. Kinda like what wow has. There's traders (auctionhouse), so you can trade with people. It'd be pretty shallow if there was no way to build an economy effectively. The game has a minimap. I guess thats similar to wow.

Anyhow, lol vee I put it on 1920x1200 last night to see what the card could do at that res. it pulled 30-50 fps, but even at 100% fan speed, my case open and window open, it broke 101 celcius lmao. Dropped back down to 1680 and it dropped 15 degrees. bleh.

AoC cost a monthly fee? If so, I'll stick with GW till GW2.

Heh, ya, with SLI 9800GTX i can run high settings at 1920x1200 and keep around 50-60 frames. With SLI disabled, i was only getting like 28 fps. AoC actually scales well with SLI, go figure.

LOL, if anything it'll pull a lot of kids screaming "OMGOMGOMGOMG E-BOOBS!!!!!" to the game...not mature players.

AoC has a more active combat system then just a have 20 million buttons and press them over n over.

Basically all MMO's have the same stuff, just different storyline/skin

Until town building and sieges begin to happen in AOC most people wont see a difference.

I prefer the combat having to perform combos adds more to the game rather than having auto attack on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom