Watch Dogs

The majority of those 60k would be normal people wanting to play with the Oculus. Higher ups got an unfinished 1080p model when it was released that no name Joe's couldn't buy.

Predictions are a bit high IMO. A lot of PC gamers have run of the mill hardware and guys like us (or you specifically) are very very niche that actually have the hardware to run this thing at its full potential. I also have a feeling that the majority of sales will be in the US for a while. I mean I'm not debating it has a good future or not, I'm just saying this thing isn't going to take off as quickly as you're hoping. THe majority of people who post on forums don't even want to spend more than 200 on a CPU which is a main component, let alone 300+ for a periph. Most people don't want to spend more than 150-200 on a monitor which is more critical than a VR would be.

The majority of those 60k would be normal people wanting to play with the Oculus. Higher ups got an unfinished 1080p model when it was released that no name Joe's couldn't buy.

Predictions are a bit high IMO. A lot of PC gamers have run of the mill hardware and guys like us (or you specifically) are very very niche that actually have the hardware to run this thing at its full potential. I also have a feeling that the majority of sales will be in the US for a while. I mean I'm not debating it has a good future or not, I'm just saying this thing isn't going to take off as quickly as you're hoping. THe majority of people who post on forums don't even want to spend more than 200 on a CPU which is a main component, let alone 300+ for a periph. Most people don't want to spend more than 150-200 on a monitor which is more critical than a VR would be.

My predictions are quite bullish. But when you see something like this, it makes you realise that its really really good. This guy basically says he's not into games at all and he loves it. So imagine how much actual gamers are going to love it. I just think it's one of those things that once you try it, you will sell you left testicle to buy one.

As for the requiring a powerful PC. Yes, initially. Though foveated rendering is extremely exciting with regards to seriously reducing the necessity for a powerful PC, and we'll be able to do it once they crack low latency eye tracking, which shouldn't be more than a few years off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVIwQztak7M

Last edited:
24 days and counting, Can't remember the last game I was looking this forward to never mind pre ordering LOL, I get out of work at 11:30 and get to game Stop around 12 then just have to wait in line for about 20 minutes and I'll be on the way home ready to install and try it out.

As of the recent trailer i'm quite looking forward to this. Hope the PC graphics are nice and that there is plenty to do outside of the story.

i cant wait for watch dogs that game looks fantastic.
i also cant wait for the consumer version of the oculus, i not gona lie i almost grabbed that new dev kti they just released.

i cant wait for watch dogs that game looks fantastic.
i also cant wait for the consumer version of the oculus, i not gona lie i almost grabbed that new dev kti they just released.

I ordered dev kit 2 within about 30 minutes of preorders going up.. and I shall do the same for consumer version. DK2 will just help with the wait for the consumer version.

yeah that is what i was thinking but i upgraded my board and cpu instead.

So, i7 3770 reccomended CPU. Everyone is saying that's stupid and too high. Seems about right to me, open world games always need a decent CPU, and this being 'next gen' I guess that kind of power makes sense. Wouldn't be that surprised to see my 4770 pretty much maxed out, I bet it will benefit from faster CPUs for quite a while, just like GTA4 did on PC.

I'd be ****ed if it can use the hyper threading lol Just built my system with i5 4670K, Game looks incredible from the vids I've watched. Just hope the game looks as good.

Back
Top Bottom