UT2007 hi-def trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

beedubaya

Golden Master
Not sure if this has been posted, but a few days ago a high definition trailer for UT2007 was released.

http://files.filefront.com/Unreal+Tournament+2007+Trailer/;5444378;/fileinfo.html

Graphically, it looks very Quake 4-ish but with more shader effects. It doesn't look as good as it does in the Gamespot screenshots. Nevertheless, you can see framerate slowdowns even in this trailer. Definately going to be a game to really show the power of the G80/R600.

beedubaya said:
Definately going to be a game to really show the power of the G80/R600.

I dont think ut 07 uses dx10. I may be wrong, but i dont think it does.

Re: Re: UT2007 hi-def trailer

Ridlyn said:

UT2007 is a DX9 engine, but it will have a handy DX10 patch for performance enhancements. Same thing as using DX9 in UT2004.

The G80/R600 is more than just DX10 cards. They will be major DX9 improvements as well (think 6 vs. 7 series) and I'm sure these final generation DX9 games will need the kind of power that these new cards will provide.

Re: Re: Re: UT2007 hi-def trailer

beedubaya said:
UT2007 is a DX9 engine, but it will have a handy DX10 patch for performance enhancements. Same thing as using DX9 in UT2004.

You cant just patch and game and poof its DX10.

Its a totally diffrent architecture and cannot be simpily patched.

Re: Re: UT2007 hi-def trailer

Ridlyn said:

Correct, it doesn't use DirectX at all. It uses OpenGL.

beedubaya said:

The G80/R600 is more than just DX10 cards. They will be major DX9 improvements as well (think 6 vs. 7 series) and I'm sure these final generation DX9 games will need the kind of power that these new cards will provide.

No, UT2k4 uses OpenGL. In the menu it says DirectX, but I can't figure out why. I know it uses OpenGL, because I play the Linux version all the time. It does NOT use DirectX.

You people seem to think that all games use DirectX, but you are grossly mistaken. Quake 2, Quake 3, Quake 4, Doom 3, ALL of the UT series, they all use OpenGL. No part of it is DirectX.

EDIT: Thanks for the link BTW. Nearly completed the download. :classic:

Re: Re: Re: UT2007 hi-def trailer

The General said:
Correct, it doesn't use DirectX at all. It uses OpenGL.

No, UT2k4 uses OpenGL. In the menu it says DirectX, but I can't figure out why. I know it uses OpenGL, because I play the Linux version all the time. It does NOT use DirectX.

You people seem to think that all games use DirectX, but you are grossly mistaken. Quake 2, Quake 3, Quake 4, Doom 3, ALL of the UT series, they all use OpenGL. No part of it is DirectX.

EDIT: Thanks for the link BTW. Nearly completed the download. :classic:

You're wrong. UT2004 has 2 rendering paths. DirectX for use under Windows and OpenGL for use under Linux. You can run it in OpenGL in Windows but you have to edit the config file.

Unreal Engines have always been very scalable, which is why you have DirectX 8, DirectX9, and OpenGL support in UT2004.

DirectX 10 will be implemented in UT2007 under Vista for improved performance. It WILL run in DX9 for XP users or for Vista users without a DX10 card.

UT2k7 will be released for Mac and Linux. It will use OpenGL. I'm just going to act like DirectX doesn't exist anymore. I hate it that much. It's that terrible. Microsoft is that horrible.

The General said:
I'm just going to act like DirectX doesn't exist anymore. I hate it that much. It's that terrible. Microsoft is that horrible.

Hey, thats a good idea. Pretend Windows doesn't exist either and just ignore every PC running windows. If somebody asks you to fix their PC or use it, and its running Windows, just be like "What computer? I don't see anything!!" :p

Hahahaha that's so much better than just saying I don't know how to use Windows.

I'm so going to do that now. :D

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom