Texture tearing in Mirror's Edge

Status
Not open for further replies.

synergy

Fully Optimized
I installed an started playing Mirror's Edge the other day. Pretty fun game, but I'm getting serious tearing issues with the textures. Also, during the anime chapter intros I get serious tearing.

I've set vsync on and also forced it in the Nvidia CP, but I'm still getting these issues. Anyone have any suggestions?

Are you playing Mirrors Edge under Vista?

Here is a blurb I found on another forum:

Dear Mr McGarvey

The game cannot be the main reason for the tearing issues. I bet you`re using Vista, which causes a lot of trouble blocking VSync (due to an recent update). I did a lot of research to get rid of this problem. However, if you`re using Vista, you have to enable the D3D Overrider, a little program, which is included in RIVA Tuner (you can use this program now, even if you have an ATI card). For further information look here:

D3D Overrider in RivaTuner 2.21? - Guru3D.com Forums

If you`re not using Vista, make sure Triple Buffering is enabled.

I hope, this suggestions will fix the problem.

Good luck and have fun!

DEF

Are you playing Mirrors Edge under Vista?

Here is a blurb I found on another forum:
Yea, great find! I am running it in Vista...64bit.

I looked around quite a few forums and such and couldn't find anything that would potentially fix the issue. I'll try this when I get home tonight and let you know if it works.

As far as the game goes, I'm enjoying it much more on PC than I did on console. When I played it on console it almost made me sick and I found the controls extremely sloppy. Those issues are absent on the PC version and it makes the game much funner IMO.

what vid card do you have?

It's mostly the textures on her arms when the light is shining on them. Like indoors it barely does it, and other texture tearing is minimal if at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom