System SHock 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I downloaded SS2 yesterday so I've got cd ripped version but I'm having trouble running it. It starts up and I can play it for a bit and then all of a sudden it freezes and I have to shut it down via windows. Does anybody know how I can get it to run properly (apart from buying the original cd). Thx.

No idea since I have the original cd ;)
I thought I'd ahve some problems getting it to run under WIndows XP when I first bought it but it seems to run like butter for me.

Pure Ignorance

I think this shows great ignorance on Tordenskjolds side, SS2 is one of the best games i have ever played, and with your bagging (not tea LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL) of Marathon one must assume great lack of intelligence on your part

Re: Pure Ignorance

Fwiffo said:
I think this shows great ignorance on Tordenskjolds side, SS2 is one of the best games i have ever played, and with your bagging (not tea LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL) of Marathon one must assume great lack of intelligence on your part

Fine then go play on your PII

Re: Re: Pure Ignorance

Tordenskjold said:
Fine then go play on your PII

OMG!! see i knew you were ignorant, who the **** is dumb enough to play on a PII, i have far more class, i have a bigger budget, i am not as stupid, i play on a PIII dumbass.

Metr01973 said:
I downloaded SS2 yesterday so I've got cd ripped version but I'm having trouble running it. It starts up and I can play it for a bit and then all of a sudden it freezes and I have to shut it down via windows. Does anybody know how I can get it to run properly (apart from buying the original cd). Thx.

Theres a bunch of sites that have tech support for how to run ss2 on a modern pc with windows. I had that error though and I know the fix, launch ss2 then when you just enter it hit control alt delete. Find the process in the task manager, right click on it and click set affinity. Uncheck one of the processors, it hates dual core or hyper threaded processors.

You have to do that every time you boot up SS2.

Mr_Threepwood said:
Theres a bunch of sites that have tech support for how to run ss2 on a modern pc with windows. I had that error though and I know the fix, launch ss2 then when you just enter it hit control alt delete. Find the process in the task manager, right click on it and click set affinity. Uncheck one of the processors, it hates dual core or hyper threaded processors.

You have to do that every time you boot up SS2.

Nice one, I'll give that a go. Thanks

ok I seem to of gotten both mods working ok now, not sure how exactly :rolleyes: but hey.

The models look about 20x better!

I can't get SS2 to work. I tried the affinity thing but it wouldn't even start a new game. I can map the controls from the main menu etc but as soon as I go to play a new game it just crashes and comes up with the windows error message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom