stopping cs 1.6?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No they are not going to stop 1.6, how could they ? It's more played than source. It is damn hard to find a copy of the game though, my friend has been searching everywhere for it. They now make you buy the $30 pack with the expansion which is complete bull.

u can get the "Valve Vlue Premier Pack" from Steam. includes HL1, CS, TFC(RULES!!!), DoD, etc etc

I haven't played 1.6 in ages, I did like WON a lot better than steam though. I thought the WON ID system and that extra program .. I forget the name, but you can add people's WON IDs to a type of buddy list and it would show you what server they were in and let you message them and whatever .. good stable system. Steam isn't terrible, just some things still seem a bit buggy to me

WON-based CS will die on all but privately owned servers, because CS-Source is growing in popularity, not to mention that WON-CS is not being developed/supported anymore. Just about everything else has dropped off.

STEAM was inevitable. It was buggy in the beginning, and it is meant for broadband connections. The number of people with broadband is going up, not to mention the amount of server-client traffic is also going up. Let's not even get into the whole mess of updating beforehand. Now I don't have to go tromp through sites finding a fast and available download for an update, STEAM does it automatically for me.

Once you learn how to work it and tweak it, it's great.

1.6 isn't going anywhere. It'll be years before it gets the boot. Too many people have low end systems (like mwah) to play good games. Sure I have CS:S but it runs like crap. Also tons of people prefer 1.6. Me, I dunno, I like 1.6 only b/c it runs like butter (duh) on my computer. I'd like CS:S better if I had a good computer, I'm sure. (b/c it'd run smooth and have all settings on high)

Ha! I still play 1.5! So that's why online never works! Oh well, We play 1.5 on LAN and Source online. Source pwns anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom