Steam... yea or nay

Luna_

Solid State Member
So I am hoping to get a computer soon for gaming and I was wondering about Steam.
I know about Steam but I haven't had a chance to try it out for myself so I was curious what other's thought about it.

It would really be helpful if you could post at least one good thing about the sight and one bad thing.
If you have site you think would be good for a gamer on a budget them feel free to suggest it, please.​

zif your s gsmer you WILL have steam, Most games seem to require either Steam, Oragin or UPlay. It will install it when you load the disk. Its actually pretty good though, Updates your games for you when there are updates and no searching for the patch to download either. Steam has the download and installs them for you.

Dauntae

One good thing for a gamer on a budget?
Steam Holiday sales of any kind are great for those looking to build up your library.

Bad thing?
Will wreck your wallet and forever continuously grow your pile of shame known as your library backlog. (That and humble bundle stuff).

One good thing for a gamer on a budget?
Steam Holiday sales of any kind are great for those looking to build up your library.

Bad thing?
Will wreck your wallet and forever continuously grow your pile of shame known as your library backlog. (That and humble bundle stuff).
I've never been into the "buying because it's cheap, not because you'll play it" mentality. I actually have a dumb backlog from people buying 4 packs and gifting me a ton of games.

I've never been into the "buying because it's cheap, not because you'll play it" mentality. I actually have a dumb backlog from people buying 4 packs and gifting me a ton of games.

Eh, I kind of fall into that camp but I'll only buy it if I have even a slight interest in playing. Most of the time I devote to only 2-3 games at a time so those bought during sales go untouched for a while until I move on from my currently playing list.

So far I enjoyed steam as a here and there client personally it doesn't do bad but it doesn't do as well as a normal client for games like dragon nest and some other MMOs it's an amazing place to find awesome Indie games and ports cheap though. So if you're a casual PC gamer I will have to say Yea, If you're an MMO gamer you are better off using the main clients the official company distributes for performance.

So far I enjoyed steam as a here and there client personally it doesn't do bad but it doesn't do as well as a normal client for games like dragon nest and some other MMOs it's an amazing place to find awesome Indie games and ports cheap though. So if you're a casual PC gamer I will have to say Yea, If you're an MMO gamer you are better off using the main clients the official company distributes for performance.

Thanks
You answered my question ^w^

I've never been into the "buying because it's cheap, not because you'll play it" mentality.

Yeah. I used to be that way. Now days I ask my questions of
Have I finished the game I am currently playing ? (or close to)
(and during steam sales) Am I likely to play this game in the next 3 months?

Steam is a decent piece of software, and the sales are nice, I've been a member since the commercial release of Half Life 2.

However, I have serious reservations about steam that have little to do with its functionality.

My primary concern is the fact that Valve effectively has a monopoly on PC game sales, and monopolies are NEVER good for the consumer.

They're doing alright for now, but who knows when they'll decide they don't need to keep trying because the control the market?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom