Serious performance issues, helping hand anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spectrum

Beta member
Hi guys, was wondering if I could get some help with my laptop.

Its an Asus G1S (awful buy btw), and its been giving me a lot of headaches recently with games that used to work fine on it but now have developed a strange problem. What I have noticed is that many games (list below) are having similar problems where they will run fine for a while and then suddenly (usually after about 15-20 minutes) get very sluggish and choppy. I highly suspect that it is a software problem but I don't know what to check for. I am running Vista, but I don't know if that's somehow involved.

Some games that have exhibited this same behaviour:
Call of Duty 2
Star Wars Republic Commando
Spore
Tomb Raider Anniversary

I have video drivers from a 3rd party site that releases nvidia drivers for laptop cards (forgot the name) and they are up to date. I can't remember any specific recent driver modifications I have made that would cause this problem.

Any help much appreciated.

Could be a heat issue. Have you tried blowing it out with a can of air?

nope, will give that a go though.

used to have crashing issues with Oblivion that I thought were caused by heat, but that was back when all my other games ran smooth. Never resolved those issues...

nope, will give that a go though.

used to have crashing issues with Oblivion that I thought were caused by heat, but that was back when all my other games ran smooth. Never resolved those issues...

oblivion is quite a demanding game at full settings it can still bring most systems to its knees try to get a laptop cooler.

yeah, i know, i gave up on trying to run Oblivion though. Its just that right now, some games that used to run just fine no longer do. That's the main thing annoying me.

so how do I clean out my laptop with a can of air?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom