S.t.a.l.k.e.r

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to turn some of the settings down on my pc mainly shadows and grass kill it along with draw distance. My rig is:

core 2 duo E6600
2 gigs of Geil RAM
and 7900GS

Im also playing it under vista so could be the reason for the impact

Yeah, I loaded it up, looking forward to another Great FPS.
Well, I was severely, severely disappointed.
It looks a LOT like Oblivion, and I hated that one.

If you're looking for a Kick-some-*** shooter, this is not your game.
If you're looking for a First-Person-Strategy-Wondering-the-huge-map-looking-for-**** game, this is it.
Just MHO.
BTW: This game had NO impact on my rig, seemed really light actualy.

Yea I played through the first little bit and I was surprised by the play of the game. It is interesting and I think pretty fun.

The graphics weren't all that impressive for me. I have it on the highest settings and get a little choppiness here and there so I will set them down a little.

I really don't like the way the weapons fire. Maybe I just need to get used to it or something, but it was too hard to hit stuff. I felt like I was playing MOHPA again...where it was like you were shooting blanks (aiming at heads and not hitting anything). That would be my only complaint thus far.

Anything specific you guys don't like about it? I haven't played a whole lot yet, but what I have played seems pretty cool. I don't think it's worth all the hype that it generated though.

it has lame movement. The way the bullets hit the enemies is like someone was saying above me...you can't even tell if you are actually hitting them half the time then they suddenly fall over.

I'll give it some more gameplay but I haven't been impressed thus far.

I actually like Stalker so far..in the video review it says that gravity will affect the guns.....so iyou may need to aim a tad high for long shots, and need some trajectory.

I have heard some complaining about the graphics, but they look just fine to me, of course as long as something has graphics similar to half-life 2 , i'm ok with.

The game runs pretty smooth for me so far also.

Me to, Im loving it so far... lol speaking of HL2 whirlwind... They accually put Gordan Freeman in the game, He's in a tunnle in Wild Territory (Next to the BAR), And its accually him because you pick up his pda and Read about Black Mesa, City 17 and gordan selling his crowbar for food lol..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom