The right Eithernet chord

nheppeard

Baseband Member
Hey I was just wondering what kind of eithernet chord to get.. Is there a bad choice? I just want a good reliable fast chord. Tired of my wireless connection sometimes cutting out.

sent from Spartaknight

Cat5e or Cat6 is fine. Don't really need anything fancy - just get the length you need for a cheap price from Amazon or Monoprice.

I wouldn't worry about gold plating. Just a waste of money for an ethernet cable.

I wouldn't worry about gold plating. Just a waste of money for an ethernet cable.

+1 also.

The "gold" thing is just a rip in most circumstances. Cheap cable will do fine. Stay away from the Dynex brand if you see that one (it's a Best Buy brand)... those cables tend to fall apart. Best Buy's other brand, Rocketfish (which is now Insignia) is good though. I've not seen quality issues with any other brands, either.

Can always just get a big spool of network cable, some ends, and a crimper and make your own for super cheap (in the long run) too :p.

Whoa... whoa... now you're talking about doing work. That's frowned upon. Not to mention most people making those cables are doing it wrong by not shoving the cable jacket into the clip far enough. :grin:

Back
Top Bottom