Rarity of the PC gamer....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoy consoles 2 some extent b cuz i can have a few friends over and we can play games together. Not as good as a lan party, but since there arent many PC gamers around me, its hard to put 1 together

Presuming most of you guys are in the US, it's just the same story over here in the UK. I think I currently know/have met about 5 people that play PC games whatsoever, everyone else I know is a console gamer. Parroting what's been said above, the main reason is undoubtedly cost, along with the inclination; respectively the average guy/gal would rather spend £200-£300 on a console than £1000+ on a PC, he/she would rather just plug the SCART lead oto the TV, the AC into the wall, sit back and play away.

Yeah where I live everyone loves consoles, they've all got one, but they play no PC games.

I like my ps2 for a few games:

1. Gran Tursimo 4
2. Metal Gear Solid 3
3. Tekken 5

I will repeat what I said in my first post though, PC gaming is not really more expensive! You need a TV which adds alot of cost and if you want suround sound thats alot more. It just that most people already have TVs in their house so they don't need to buy one with their console, but its really a part of the system IMO.

After being used to PC games, the low-def graphics of the PS2 and XBOX look totally awful. I used to like the consoles, back in the days of the N64. IMO, this generation of consoles suck big time compared to the PC, while the N64 was better than the PC of that time. I just can't get into the PS2 or XBOX. Maybe PS3 and XBOX360 will be different.

psh don't diss graphics quality, counterstrike minus hackers > any other gameplay ever. I can name about eight PC gamers off the top of my head right now, so they are out there.

Infact, my best friend and his brother are the two biggest gaming nerds I've ever met, they turned me into the gamer/anime freak/pothead that I am today....although nubius has had recent negative impact on my chronic anime desire BASTARD :p

It's in my area too BeeDubya... A bit annoying to me too, yes consoles are cheaper, THEY'RE FOR A REASON!!!

Eh, it comes down to price, yes. And Hype. I mean, the best game of all time, HL2 was not even advertised on TV, but check out all the Halo2 and GTA ads. For many people a console is more convienient. As for me, though, PC will always reign supreme in my kingdom.

I tried that game, Halo3 or whatever on xbox and laughed. Bluntly, I thought it sucked. I think console users just havent "seen" pc games and thereefore dont know how good they are. Its all marketing. More money in software than hardware. Its easy to sell a new game for a Xbox compared to selling the guy a new computer to go along with his HL2 purchase.(laughs, thats what I did) However, most people I know are into PC games compared to console.

vaderpro said:
I tried that game, Halo3 or whatever on xbox and laughed. Bluntly, I thought it sucked. I think console users just havent "seen" pc games and thereefore dont know how good they are. Its all marketing. More money in software than hardware. Its easy to sell a new game for a Xbox compared to selling the guy a new computer to go along with his HL2 purchase.(laughs, thats what I did) However, most people I know are into PC games compared to console.

I interduced my friends which play console games, to PC games.

Now the one with a really crappy PC wont stop playing my games, and my other friend with just a crappy PC plays CSS / HL2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom