Problems with HL1

Status
Not open for further replies.

azkid110

Solid State Member
ok im playing half life one, and the game just quits, but it only quits in certian places. what happens is when i get to some area, and it starts to lag, then it just stops, and goes to the desktop, no error messages or anything. this also happens in half life: blue shift, and opposing force. no problems with it online though, only in single player.

help me out i want to beat this game!!!
thanks,
Joe

ok my vid card is:
ATI Rage fury pro/xpert 2000 pro,
with 32mb on it, and a gpu speed of 133mhz
(all drivers are up to date)

my memory is:
DIMM1, PC133 and i have 256mb of it
about a gb of virtual memory. is that bad?

My CPU is:
Pentium-IIIE at about 1 ghz

its some really old stuff, but hey, it was cheap.:cool:

so what do i got to do? get a new video card? if so which one would be best for the money? if not, what else can i do about the problem?

wait wait wait, these are the unsupported video cards i just looked at the steam website.
Unsupported Video Cards

While the following video cards are listed as having DirectX 7.0 hardware support, (the minimum requirement for running Source-engine games) they are not supported:

* 3DLabs Wildcat VP560
* XGI Volari V8 Ultra
* Matrox P750
* Matrox G400-550
* SiS Xaber 400

http://support.steampowered.com/cgi-bin/steampowered.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=446

azkid110 said:
so what do i got to do? get a new video card? if so which one would be best for the money? if not, what else can i do about the problem?

Yes, you could stand a new card. Check out these cards: any of these is better than what you have now:D

FX-5500

Radeon 9550

Radeon 9800SE

These are not awesome gaming cards by any stretch of the imagination...but are much better than what you have now...and for less than $70

Before you go out and buy a new video card you should turn off any overclocks which may be causing stability issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom