Post Your Screenshots Part II (56k, you have been warned)

Not a screenshot but what the heck. Anyone who has a decent joystick should get X-Plane 10. It's great. The ingame video recorded is kind of lousy quality and no audio, but it's pretty smooth and the game still runs well (Unlike fraps which kills performance). I spotted a runway below me while high up, made the crazy decision to try and land on it.

I've only put in about 6 or 7 hours so far, only just touched the surface of this sim. Hundreds of controls for me to learn yet amongst other things.

I thought this was pretty funny, wickedly steep dive, bad alignment with the runway, and I didn't quite realise there was a huge ass jump in the middle of it :p I can land pretty decently now on a normal approach, considering i've no idea how you use the proper landing aids. I should really try and find out how you use the navigation systems. Currently i'm just doing really short flights, such as from Heathrow to Charles de Gaulle (Paris). I only find it by pausing, looking at the map, and using my compass in the plane.

Can't watch the video.

Use flaps to help slow you down and don't lower your gear until you are close to landing or technically the speed should snap them off. When I'm in a prop plane I like to play around and use mix to slow me down faster with flaps and come in hard. You also need to radio in to ATC to properly land and quite a few other things for a huge jet like that.

Thats weird it's working for me ?

Yeah I do all that to slow down, but it's probably easier than it should be because i've turned G-Force and Speed based damage off when I first got it, as I sucked. But now I find it more fun with it off, you couldn't really do the maneuver in that video it would of been damaged from overspeed.

Try the direct link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsIUBdI7iKo

Thats weird it's working for me ?

Yeah I do all that to slow down, but it's probably easier than it should be because i've turned G-Force and Speed based damage off when I first got it, as I sucked. But now I find it more fun with it off, you couldn't really do the maneuver in that video it would of been damaged from overspeed.

Try the direct link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsIUBdI7iKo
I can't watch it because I'm on a limited connection until we get our net turned back on.

Back
Top Bottom