playing older games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Awareh

Solid State Member
Hi,

How Can u play Games that were made for windows 95 on Windows XP? Is there a way to do this?

the game is Called Z , you probably heared it before!

Thanks

If you don't know, right click on the executable, go to properties, and then compatability (i think) and then check the Windows 98 Compatability Mode tab. Yeah, some games won't run but it's better than nothing.

Hey Thanks, I did what you said. But after pressing the Setup.exe it says COPY ERROR.

Any help?

Some games cannot run on Windows XP especially old games like dos, I hope the next operating system will be made is compatibility to all games--:)

sure you can. get a emulator. It basically makes the computer think its something else. Another screen will pop up that shows you bios etc (its a windows screen), then it will load in a seperate screen what you choose. Dos/NT/Win9x/and even Mac o/s I think. Anyhow, yes it is possible. It also uses mounted virtual drives. You have to set some HDD space aside (treats it as a virtual partition and all).

Where can I get that Emulator?

Let me tell you once again. Is doesn't copy the files when Copying it says COPY ERROR!!

There is nothing wrong with the cd it works on windows 95

Also, if you are running Windows 2000 SP4 you can use compatibility modes by executing:

regsvr32 C:\WINNT\apppatch\slayerui.dll

as Adminstrator. You will then have a compatibility tab on the properties page of any -shortcut-.

I've had better luck getting games to play on 2000 w/compatibility rather than XP, but that could just be me and my funky games.

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom