The Official Tech-Forums Battlefield Bad Company 2 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the new patch came out yet? My ping is still through the roof and has been since the first patch.

I was referring to the one that came out a couple of weeks ago.

I just got to play BFBC2 because I've been playing AC2 the whole time.

Has the new patch came out yet? My ping is still through the roof and has been since the first patch.

Perhaps its worth opening a few ports or ringing up your ISP and tell them to put you further up the priority list.

ISP's nearly always have an automated list, ring up and complain and they put you at the top with optimal performance, over time you gradually fall down this list and your lines performance suffers. At least thats how it is with my ISP, ring up once every 3 to 6 months sorts that problem out nicely.

Do they all do this or just the British ones?

Well i can't say for certain.

But i have been with BT, TalkTalk and o2 (all UK isp's) and they all do this. Different ISP's call it different things, my current isp talktalk call it their priority list, BT called it there QualityOfService List but it worked the exact same from when i spoke to a BT engineer.

Might be worth giving it a try for anyone who's performance seems to have suddenly got worse (reliability issues, speed, ping).

Was having one of my best games ever as a sniper. I was around 10-2, most of them being headshots, then I took out around 5 guys as an assault, destroyed an m-com, and then I lost connection to the server. :sad:

They only count stats for completed games right?

No man your stats are counted when you disconnect. I'd lose my **** if they weren't, with all the times I have crashed or been disconnected.

IS anybody else having trouble with friends lists? I am talking on vent, phone or even one of my kids in the house- they are playing BF2, they are listed as a friend when I log in, and yet when I click on them it says there not playing - so I cant just join that server. So , I never have any of my friends showing up as playing.

That's happened to me plenty. I'm sure it's happening now because honestly in the last few weeks none of the 11 people on my friends are ever playing when I am..

Maybe after the next patch that is on the way it will be fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom