Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 and 6

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doom 3 dots?

I bought Doom III yester day let me just say it kicks ass but I,m having an annoying problem when ever i play the game it has there little flickering red and white dots that i can handle for the first couple minutes then it gets horribly worst!! I think its my vid card over heating but i have 3 fans in case and theres one fan on the card. Tried Rienstalling , Got newest drivers,...

MY SPECS
Radeon 9800 xt
2.6 Ghz P4
512 Mb of ram

doom3

Me and my brother bought Doom 3 today, running on a athlon XP 1600 with 768mb ddr, ati 9600. (system he built)

Runs good on med. 1024x768.

It does quit some times durring some intense we been playing for aoubt 2 hours, and its quit prolly about 4 to 5 times .... is something over heating?

Thanks Ash

DAVID_15 said:
y dont u upgrade your vid card its the best game and the best grafs.

I cant upgrade my grfx card coz i have no money... plus if i had enough money i'd get a new mobo and processor as my first purchase... my Athlon XP 1900+ is starting to feel slow :( ... then i'd get a new vid card.. but alas i have no cash! :(

hygor u should be able to run it on your system, if only i had a geforce 3 insteade of 2 i would be playing it with u guys.

Minimum System Requirements
# English version of Microsoft® Windows® 2000/XP
# Pentium® 4 1.5 GHz or Athlon™ XP 1500+ processor
# 384MB RAM
# 8x Speed CD-ROM drive (1200KB/sec sustained transfer rate) and latest drivers
# 2.2GB of uncompressed free hard disk space (plus 400MB for Windows® swap file)
# 100% DirectX® 9.0b compatible 16-bit sound card and latest drivers
# 100% Windows® 2000/XP compatible mouse, keyboard and latest drivers
# DirectX® 9.0b (included)
# 3D hardware Accelerator Card Required - 100% DirectX® 9.0b compatible 64MB Hardware Accelerated video card and the latest drivers.

* ATI® Radeon 8500
* ATI® Radeon 9000
* ATI® Radeon 9200
* ATI® Radeon 9500
* ATI® Radeon 9600
* ATI® Radeon 9700
* ATI® Radeon 9800
* All Nvidia® GeForce 3/Ti series
* All Nvidia® GeForce 4MX series
* All Nvidia® GeForce 4/Ti series
* All Nvidia® GeForce FX series
* Nvidia® GeForce 6800 series

hygor said:
:( my Geforce 3Ti 200 128mb wont run it I dont think, as I read somewhere that your card must support directX9 and I dont think mine does... oh well I guess I just wont buy it then!

Your video card does not need to support DirectX 9 features, only unless you're going for the "full" experience.

The bare minimum recommended is a GeForce4 MX card, and even then, that plays fine if you turn off a lot of the graphics options (and keep in mind, GeForce3 cards are more powerful than GeForce4 MX cards).

wow thats all i have to say im running it great with graphics to the max and the res to 1280 X 1024

my comp
9800pro
1.5gig pc 3200
amd 3000+ 64bit

Whee...i'm taking a quick break from Doom3. Man its freaky. This is the kinda game that you want to play when your all alone at night. Turn it up, turn off all of the lights, and just become immersed in this experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom