Next Gen DX11 only?

Druid

Fully Optimized
I know a lot of EA games are taking this route, but does anyone know if this should be expected from all games? I know it would have to happen in a few years no matter what, but I don't want to upgrade right now unless I have to since, aside from a DX11 requirement, my current setup will handle next gen games well enough.

I suspect all AAA titles not cross platform will be yes. For all games to be DX11 will still be a few years out. Just expect any major title coming to PC post-console release to be DX11 only as for most all developers the PC will be the lead platform.

Honestly, if you had 200 bucks to blow getting something like a 660 wouldn't be a bad idea.

I have the money. I just don't see a point in upgrading as long as I can still play stuff on medium (which is what I'm expecting). It'll still look better than most stuff that is being released on pc now, Crysis's and Battlefields aside. Low, yeah, I'd be upgrading. If I wait till one series post console release however, it'll last me significantly longer before I'm forced to upgrade again.

I can understand that, but if you're playing medium then something like the 660 would actually be a considerate upgrade as it can handle almost all titles on high. I know there are only a few titles that actually make me turn down settings and I'm back down to a 5850. To be fair, Battlefield isn't actually that demanding.

Well, for right now, I still max almost everything. That bf4 multiplayer looked soooo good though! I hate EA. They're gonna make me do it.

I'll stick with BF3.

I don't know what it is about BF3, but it doesn't feel the same. I could play 2142 for hours, but I just get bored so quickly in BF3. I mean I know a big part of that is that I'm not a sophmore in highschool anymore.

Back
Top Bottom