new Gaming Keyboard, Help pls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcirtap813

Baseband Member
Hello, recently ( a week ago) built my new gaming rig for 1grand. i recently have gotten my deathadder (which i loooovee) too. i just ordered a Razer ExactMat, and the new steelseries siber v2 w/usb 7.1 surround sound headset. i am also getting a new monitor for christmas... So! ther is one thing missing!! A new keyboard. i have been searching alot for my new gaming keyboard, to me it seems like everykeyboard i look at has a problem... i hear alot of bad things about the sidewinder, the lycosa i hear too many keys dont work when pressd together, the new g15 is a downgrade to the old g15, g19 too expensive, i didnt like the way the zboard is, i dont like the merc stealth or any keyboard like that, the arctosa just is ehh (plus no backlight =() g11 havent heard anythin bad about it really but hear its just super cheap. I was plpanning on gettin lycosa till i heard about alot of keys not workin together, like control + w + R, which u wuld need in fps games sumtimes, as i play CS:S and other fps games and MMOs too. so i want a good gaming keyboard nothin tooo expensive like the g19, almsot 200$... but like 100$ is reasonable , i want what i pay for. so, in the end, i want an overall good keyboard, dont want too bulky keys. want them to feel nice, backlight wuld b preferd for look xDm match meh deathadder lawl, keys dont miss up when pressd together( like the main keys w,a,s,d with another button, dont care so much about random keys liek pge down nd sht).. just overall a good gaming keyboard.

put up sum sudgestions of sum good keyboards u have used or own and recomend and pls say y u recomend, not just cuz u think its good, but y its really worth it...

THANK YOU!

I've owned all three generations of Saitek keyboards. I can vouch for all three of 'em :) Backlit, and the III has extra keys (But not for gaming.. left side is web browsing, right is basic windows stuffs)

I guess they wouldn't be considered "gaming keyboards", but that's what I used them for :tongue:

The Saitek II is quieter than the III, however. And taking apart the II is MUCH easier than taking apart the III for cleaning. the II loses some of its back light in spots, makes some places dimmer than others. The III doesn't seem to have that problem for me. III has a touch panel that's very nice. I run iTunes while playing games, so the controls are a very welcome touch.

Saitek II is around 50 and the III is around 60 on NewEgg.

Oh, and the III has more backlighting options than the II... like two more shades of purple and pink... sort of pointless for the average person :tongue: And the touchpad doesn't change anything besides blue.

I am a Razer devotee, but I use a Saitek Eclipse. Mine is an original. The II and II are improvements over mine, but I don't have any real complaints. The paint has worn down on my A and E keys, but an email to the company and they sent me replacement keys for it (which I still haven't installed). I can't complain as I picked the keyboard up for $20 last Christmas.

The Razer Tarantula is very nice, but it is not backlit.

I am a Razer devotee, but I use a Saitek Eclipse. Mine is an original. The II and II are improvements over mine, but I don't have any real complaints. The paint has worn down on my A and E keys, but an email to the company and they sent me replacement keys for it (which I still haven't installed). I can't complain as I picked the keyboard up for $20 last Christmas.

The Razer Tarantula is very nice, but it is not backlit.

yeah it doesnt have to b backlit, plsu on the arm res **** lighted up and the sides on macro keys are, matches the deathadder lawl. but i have been readin about the tarantula alot now, 10 keys without interference, that was what i was looking at the most which that right ther is whats winning me over. i dont want a keyboard that i get for gaming and sum keys not b functional with other keys because i might have to use those keys for gaming, therfor wuld screw me up big time and make me change my setup. i dont like how the tarantula is so round on the armrest tho lol, but still it looks really nice and has macro keys, plus 10 keys at once. its winning me atm, but it is a lil on the high$ side...still its reasonable for the things it gives u i guess.. i liked that the lycosa u can make any key a macro, looks reallly really nice, and so on but that thing with sum keys not workin right really buggd me, can any 1 say something about those 2 keyboards from experience also to so if anythin is really rong with either of them? yeh the saiteks r the one i am looking at atm.

yeah it doesnt have to b backlit, plsu on the arm res **** lighted up and the sides on macro keys are, matches the deathadder lawl. but i have been readin about the tarantula alot now, 10 keys without interference, that was what i was looking at the most which that right ther is whats winning me over. i dont want a keyboard that i get for gaming and sum keys not b functional with other keys because i might have to use those keys for gaming, therfor wuld screw me up big time and make me change my setup. i dont like how the tarantula is so round on the armrest tho lol, but still it looks really nice and has macro keys, plus 10 keys at once. its winning me atm, but it is a lil on the high$ side...still its reasonable for the things it gives u i guess.. i liked that the lycosa u can make any key a macro, looks reallly really nice, and so on but that thing with sum keys not workin right really buggd me, can any 1 say something about those 2 keyboards from experience also to so if anythin is really rong with either of them? yeh the saiteks r the one i am looking at atm.

ok, ive been trying to find a razer tarantula and guess what. i have tried over 30 sites and none sell it, not even the actual razer site! i did how ever find 1 site that sold it for 95$, was hoping to try to find it for a lil cheaper, but still, no other site sells it?!?! this makes no sence. did they stop producing it? its such a great keyboard from what i read, y does it not sell anymore?! i was planning on getting this, mayb mite just go with something else. ughh keyboards r soo much harder then mice to pick out.

I would just say go with a g15. It's down to about $70 now. I have a g11, and I don't really find all the g keys necessary. That is the only difference between the new and old version of it. The new has less g keys. You can still find the g11 some places for like $60, but if the g15 is only $10 more, just go for that.

I second Druid's recommendation of the Logitech G15. I've been using mine for over two years and have been quite happy with how it feels when the keys are depressed. I had a Razer Lycosa for a short period of time but felt that key-presses were less responsive (if keys were not fully depressed) and the coating on the keys (rubbery texture) was not something I could grow accustomed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom