Nascar Racing 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

JorgeHGPR

Baseband Member
Well, as you can see, this game is 7 years old, yet it has a massive community that still plays the game. I play this game, been doing so for almost 2 years and I can't get bored, it's just a great sim game. But I also like real nascar so that might explain.

So, anybody here plays or used to play? I run in this league.

Full Throttle Racing League :: Home

This league is also good

Open Speedway's N2003 Page - Updated 2-22-10 9:00am

The game has many mods and tracks you can download at various websites. Also, there are paint sites where you can get dozens of fictional cars, and even carsets.

http://www.simracingdesign.com

http://www.masgrafx.com/masgrafx

http://www.nr2k3tracks.com/

http://www.bigdonlinemotorsports.com

There are many more websites, so make sure you check them all out.

Now that you mention Papyrus, another thing that can be mentioned is that they played a big role in iRacing, which is also amazing, but very costly.

Oh that's good to know! Papyrus needs to make one last game, with all the updates. I can alredy imagine what it would look like, better graphics, just incredible. By the way, do you run in NR2003 leagues? What is your racing name?

Oh that's good to know! Papyrus needs to make one last game, with all the updates. I can alredy imagine what it would look like, better graphics, just incredible. By the way, do you run in NR2003 leagues? What is your racing name?

No, I do not run any leagues and i play mainly against the computer AI, which is quite good.

Papyrus will not be making anymore Nascar Racing sims as the people from there have moved on as well, when they lost the license.

I believe the lead designer is with Iracing.

That is why Nascar Racing 2003 Season still brings a hefty price on e-bay and why the modding community is still going strong.

This is one of the few titles that got everything right, and they nailed it.

I will never get rid of my copy. :big_smile:

I agree they got everything right, but it's getting to a point that there are alot of rules in nascar that can't be applied to the game, like double file restarts, and a few others. A new game wouldn't hurt :big_grin:. I hope the guys at iRacing make a game like NR2003 but with better graphics, and all the new rules.

I have to tell you I cried when I found this thread. I used to play all the time several years ago but had a stroke and was unable to play. I have recovered completly and thought nobody played it anymore. When I saw what people are paying for the software I was shocked not only at the price but because it meant that people were acutally still play this game. I know Nascar racers that played the game years ago to practice on the tracks and they said it helped them a lot. I wonder if that's still true. I would love to race again. Can you help me get started? My name is Kevin Olsen and my email is kevinolsen2 AT comcast DOT net. I will be waiting for your answer with great anticipation. Thanks for the happy tears. Kevin

I am glad you have completely recovered from your stroke.

Welcome to the forums.

I will help you in any way that I can, Kevin.

I do not race online, I just race against the AI.....but the AI is very good in this game. you are correct, this software still goes for about $100 at times on e-bay, if you can find it.

Unfortunately the people who were the masterminds behind this software have started IRacing.....it is online racing, with basically the same game and physics as Nascar Racing 2003 Season.

If you plan on racing online, that may be your best bet.

If you plan on just racing against the AI, then Nascar Racing 2003 would do you fine.

You can still download tracks, cars, carsets....mods of all types.....I will have this software on my pc forever.

Yes real Drivers still use software to get used to the tracks......quite a few are members at IRacing.

I will help you in anyway i can.....just let me know what you need.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom