Mod ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Switch

Fully Optimized
Post your Mod ideas for one of yoru favorite games.

I think that a simple co-op mod for quake 4 would kick ass.

This might sound a little weird, but there is an idea for BF2 ive had in mind for awhile.

The setting is in space. The spawn points are different capital ships, asteroid bases, that sorta thing. Teams need to land their vessels in one of the ships/bases in order to get the marines in to capture the spawn point. This combat would be much like regular BF2 combat, except with sci-fi weapons. Some of the player-controllable-ships are meant for combat, however, most are transports. Player's suits are equipped with life support. Should they jump out of a transport, they can survive in space for a certain amount of time - say 3 minutes or so. During that time they can drift through space to the control points in an attempt to capture them. It might also be neat if teams could try to burn their way through the hulls of the capital ships, in order to avoid coming in through the main door. Just an idea.

Wow dhw! How long did it take to think all of that through? Quite an elaborate idea I must say and it sounds pretty darn cool. Sounds kinda like Planet Side done right. I really don't have any good mod ideas, just wanted to second the idea above-

::-Chase-::

I worked on this for a while, but gave up after about 2 weeks, it was UT 2k4, it was a civil war mod, all the guns of the civil war era, but i gave up because i got confused on the code, and i didnt have the computer beefyness, in order to make the models, in maya.

Here what it was, you either joined the North or the South. One random person got put as the General he made all the decisions necesseray whether to invest heavily on artillery or into guns for the players and the placement. It was round based, it would be based in a forest North on one side south on the other, it was sort of the last mand standing, but if you're general died you lost the round, so the people had to protect their general any way possible. You won by either klling of the other teams general or everybody on the other team.

Guns:Musket, idk all of guns, artillery.

Ridlyn said:
I worked on this for a while, but gave up after about 2 weeks, it was UT 2k4, it was a civil war mod, all the guns of the civil war era, but i gave up because i got confused on the code, and i didnt have the computer beefyness, in order to make the models, in maya.

Here what it was, you either joined the North or the South. One random person got put as the General he made all the decisions necesseray whether to invest heavily on artillery or into guns for the players and the placement. It was round based, it would be based in a forest North on one side south on the other, it was sort of the last mand standing, but if you're general died you lost the round, so the people had to protect their general any way possible. You won by either klling of the other teams general or everybody on the other team.

Guns:Musket, idk all of guns, artillery.
that sounds awesome

Chase said:
Wow dhw! How long did it take to think all of that through? Quite an elaborate idea I must say and it sounds pretty darn cool. Sounds kinda like Planet Side done right. I really don't have any good mod ideas, just wanted to second the idea above-

Thanks :) There was this BF2 thread on the IGN forums, and i thought of the idea back before the BF2 release. And that civil war idea sounds pretty neat. Another neat mod might be a medieval one. Melee combat.

Yea Medieval would be pretty awesome, since we have yet to see a good melee multiplayer game for the PC (that I can think of anyway). Melee on PC sounds kind of ackward though with the control scheme...but who knows, maybe someone will be the entrepreneuer to invent the first excellent 1st person melee fighter for the PC. One can only hope...

Being a huge fantasy medevil fan, its not viable as a mod, but a statagy sim ala battle field 2 style. guess the only vehicle would be a horse(maby a flying mithical beast of some sort), different characters would have different riding proficiencies of course. Engineers could construct minor siege equiptment with a reasonable time delay, throw in archers, knights, assasins, mages, necromancers(it would be fun to raise fallen foes as AI controled undead as allies), each side would have a castle as there main base, the rest would be more easily capturable, and as enineers you could place defenses and traps around friendly controled bases, limitless potential there.

for some-odd reason, melee combat just seems really boring. the 2 games with the best melee combat that i have played have been FEAR and Jedi Knight 2. and even on those games, the melee combat was sort of awkward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom