missing mss32.dll crap :|

Status
Not open for further replies.

wafflehammer

Fully Optimized
bahhh trying to get a game to work but at first i had issues...something said it was missing mss32.dll. So i downloaded the file from the net and put it in my windows/system32 folder and now it's saying

"_AIL_set_sample_pan@8 could not be located in dynamic link library mss32.dll"

anyone know how to fix this??

"No CD" patches are a grab bag. Some work, some don't, and some are full of spyware/viruses. Besides, unless the "patch" in a disk image (or mini-image), it is hacking.

Your best bet is to either make an image of your disk and mount it on your hard drive, or find a mini-image to use (like BF2 has). If you want to try to use a hacked patch, you'll have to find help for it somewhere else.

RAV i downloaded that, it's why i'm getting the other error.

/sigh...more getting ****y over this kind of stuff when 99% of this forum uses ILLEGAL TORRENTS :|

Using and discussing are two different things. Many here use no CD patches, too, but don't discuss it here either.

Rules are rules and must be observed, whether we like them or not.

okay...i took out info about it. still the issue stands- i was missing the file, got the file, and now there is an issue with it :|

Have you tried re-installing the game? Or putting a copy of mss.dll in both the game folder and System32 folder?

Which game?

command and conquer renegade . Yes, i have a copy in both the game and window/system32 folder. and No, i have not tried re-installing yet.

Will the game play with the CD? I found a mini-image for v1.0, but I don't know if it works or not.

i only have 1 of the original cds...i've been trying to play using daemon tools. I think i'll just hunt the cd down in a bit and see if that'll work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom