Mass Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whirlwind

Fully Optimized
I just received this game....I must say that it is just jaw dropping beautiful :omg:

I am still learning the controls and the interface of the game...the story seems to be pretty darn good.

I am hoping that the gameplay is gonna be as good as the game looks.

Here are a few screenshots.

4226396652_56abc9135e_b.jpg

4226396926_e0b872cc93_b.jpg

4226397100_40b407e6af_b.jpg

4226396810_6bf4404b66_b.jpg

I will report back on more about the game play.

The gameplay is pretty good. The story and voice acting are definitlley top notch.

The interface is alittle clunky...it feels "consoley"...for the lack of a better word.

Overall I am liking the game, quite alot....the fighting at times also can feel "consoley".

I have run into 1 spot in the game where , when you die...you must watch the same cutscene over again, and I must say that that is one of my pet peeves....IMO, there is no excuse for this. If you die 5 times, then it is 5 cutscenes that you have already seen.

Also, there is a quicksave option....problem is, you can not quicksave during a big fight.....I quicksave alot....and alot of times this is where I need a quick save the most....please fix this in Mass Effect 2.

It is a squad based game and for the most part , they have done this very well....at times your squad will just be standing there doing nothing, but for the most part , they are pretty good, and don't run in front of you to get shot or just to be in your way.

The interface where you get your weapon upgrades and weapon mods also feels "consoley", and should have been done way better in the pc version.

with all of this being said, i am really enjoying the game as the story has sucked me in, along with the great voice acting....the graphics are also very nice .

I hope they can fix a few things for the pc gamers in Mass Effect 2.....Interface..inventory slots.....cursors for fighting.....quicksaves , just get rid of the "consoley" feel.....I know this is wishful thinking.

I would recommend the game....great grphics...story....voice acting....fun overall.

I agree, it's a good game. I must've finished it about ten times on 360. The PC version is technically a port from the consoles which is where the console-ey feeling comes from.
I also have it on PC but I haven't really played it much. I'll need to since I'll be getting ME2 on PC, and I want to transfer my save over :)

I dunno. None have been deleted from the thread.

Must have been a glitch. The thread had other posts from whirlwind with additional pictures, also I posted something where I mentioned he started playing at a good time since ME2 comes out late January. Weird...unless I have finally lost my mind!

I have this game, but I haven't started playing it yet. Is it consoley enough that I should try to play it with a ps3 controller or is the mouse and keyboard still superior?

I have this game, but I haven't started playing it yet. Is it consoley enough that I should try to play it with a ps3 controller or is the mouse and keyboard still superior?

Mouse and kb, definitely.

Must have been a glitch. The thread had other posts from whirlwind with additional pictures, also I posted something where I mentioned he started playing at a good time since ME2 comes out late January. Weird...unless I have finally lost my mind!

Screenshot thread :tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom