Left 4 Dead Survival Pack Will Be Free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Left 4 Dead Survival Pack Will Be Free

Valve has announced that the upcoming Left 4 Dead Survival Pack will be free. Hit the link for all the info and a complete run down of what's included in the expansion pack.

The pack, due this spring, introduces a new multiplayer game mode entitled, Survival, plus two complete campaigns for Versus Mode (Death Toll, Dead Air). A Critic's Choice Edition of the game will be heading to retail stores this spring, and will include access to all the content introduced in the L4D: Survival Pack

Kinda slim on content but a nice move of being free. Expected nothing less for pc but xbox is free as well...

This is what makes me buy Valve games. The initial $50 investment might be a little much in some cases, but they always have additional content later on.

This is what makes me buy Valve games. The initial $50 investment might be a little much in some cases, but they always have additional content later on.

and all the Valve haters crawled back in their dark corners ;)

They should have just added Death Toll and Dead Air to the Versus mode in the first place. That doesn't make any sense.

How does it not make any sense? Wouldn't you rather to have the game as it is now and wait for a FREE edition to include more levels? Valve haters are just grasping at straws now.

EDIT: Considering it is free, it seems like they had their reason for not including it. It's obviously not money grubbing or greed since it is being released for free...

^ I don't know, I'm just tired of playing the same two levels in versus mode. And whats the reason for not including Death Toll and Dead Air in the first place? I'm not a Valve hater.

They probably weren't finished yet! Everything else they had working probably worked perfect, and they decided to ship what they had and add the extras later with no fee.

How is this an issue with people? Of course everyone would prefer to have them during launch, but I would take an incomplete versus earlier rather than waiting an extra 4 months to get the full package especially when there are no fees involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom