Intel Smoke Demo: Vista vs. Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't notice anything, but if you were there I guess you could. I'll take his word for it.

All I know is, in Shattered Horizon, the game I really wanted a performance boost in for upgrading to windows 7, I didn't get it :madd:

i think the difference was noticeable.... the windows 7 looked like it had a bit more horses. Like the group seemed more dense near the end and the vista one seemed like it had empty spots in it...

youtube comments make my brain cells die :| they are arguing over which computer is which and saying the one on the right is the vista one :|

To me , the one on the right had some lag at the end....anybody else notice this...it would lag for a split second then go again.

To me , the one on the right had some lag at the end....anybody else notice this...it would lag for a split second then go again.

I seemed to see that all the way through tbh. Both were a bit jumpy, but vista's stuttering seemed very small, maybe more often. Windows 7 seemed to have lag for half a second or two every now and then. Was it because the processor was getting to 100% at times? getting pushed too hard because windows 7 allows more to be got out of the hardware? Not sure really...

eh i wouldn't worry about the studdering...i mean look at 3dmark06...can anyone run the cpu test on it with over 5 fps? my i7 rig only get like 2 max lol. so i think cpu stress tests like that are going to be choppy no matter what

^yeah same here, pretty much 2-3fps on that killer cpu test. I thought it was just me for a while, I got worried as heck lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom